Expanding semi-modulars - plans, experiences

I want both of those. Putting myself on a budget and once a month I get to buy something. Building towards the Moog trio, Make Noise trio, and some outboard effects.

3 Likes

Wow, must be nice! Once a month!

I’ve been trying - and failing - to buy only one new piece of gear a year. If I got something new every month that would be 12 items a year - I’d quickly run out of room.

1 Like

We are just at different times in our lives. I’m 63, retired, house is paid for, car is paid for, no school to pay for, got my first social security check a few months ago. Had planned to travel but that is out with covid. While friends my age have a boat, vacation home, trips to Hawaii, etc…, I have a bedroom studio. Those years of saving and building a 401K are finally paying off. But hey, I would still give it up and trade places with anyone 20 years younger. :slight_smile:

Since there are no musicians in my family, one of these day my old high school band and a few local churches will get a windfall of musical instruments. Drums, guitars, horns, keyboards, etc… Not sure what they will do with my beat boxes or Eurorack system. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

My problem is more with space.

When I bought the Moog Matriarch, I got a small studio desk from Monoprice for it to sit on. Matriarch takes the whole desk by itself - leaving room for nothing else. The secondary platform of this desk unit can fit my Subharmonicon and small Mackie mixer, and not much more.

I have to rethink how I’m organizing my stuff, to make better use of my available space. I’ll probably replace that Monoprice desk with something more efficiently designed

Hey - it’s been good. No issues with it. It’s a lot of CVs though, which can get very messy in such a tightly packed space.

Have you got another Envelope + VCA in there for duo-phony? I love anything Instruo, so would recommend anything they do. Distng-Ex might be worth looking into for multiple utilities. You can run a lot of the modes in dual mode and have 1 per side of the module. Also a great way of trying out lots of things to see if you need them. I started with an SV-1 too , I eventually sold it and I’m still trying to replace some of the functionality I lost! My Disting-EX was invaluable in making future decisions. Love my CS-L though…
Oh and get more case space; it is expensive to upgrade. Tip-Top Mantis is a brilliant bit of kit to begin with (you don’t have to fill it, blanking panels/cardboard).

Nice to see this thread revived. This is how I ended up filling the 48 HP. Very happy with it too!

Next purchase has to be CV:OCD. The only thing I might consider swapping is the Clep Diez once I get the CV:OCD. The A-110-4 is, among other things, a bass monster, also great for percussion - dope with the Joranalogue wave folder. The multi-functionality of the Joranalogue modules add so many possibilities! What I lack is more time!

1 Like