Eventide Ultratap

I really wish they did the H9 max in the Factor format with all the knobs. I know someone tried to make a midi controller in that format…. But knobs make it more inspiring and immediate. Even though the PitchFactor stuff is all in my H9, I don’t get the joy of dialing anything in like before. Pure stage preset workhorse is why I keep it around… it’s like pulling teeth to get me to find new shit and dial in something new again with the iOS App.

3 Likes

Technically it’s an algo unique to the H9, and not one of the Timefactor ones… but your point stands.

I went for this pedal since I have a lot of standard delay stuff covered by built in effects on the Elektron boxes or other synths, and Ableton’s pretty good at simple delays. Probably not the best pedal for a bread and butter type of delay.

1 Like

I would have instantly bought that without a second thought.

1 Like

#metoo

or h8000 with knobs :

But these smaller Eventide pedals do have MIDI! It‘s via that „Exp“ TRS plug.
It‘s really great, my Micropitch has taken on a whole new role (?) in my setup ever since the Digitakt tells it what the groove is.

Hang on, or am I misunderstanding something and you‘re talking about something else :thinking:

2 Likes

I just looked at the back panel and assumed no MIDI because those are obviously 1/4” jacks.

1 Like

Yep it can do MIDI over usb or TRS jack into the EXP input.

5pin would have been nice…

yuuuuuuuuuuup!

You mean this one?
https://www.evenmidi.com/midi-controllers/1-evenmidi-h9-midi-controller.html

Currently out of stock, working on a new version which should be ready soon.

I thought about getting one, but for the most part I’m fine with the H9. There are only ten parameters, perfect for an OT midi track.

Although those new pedals look intriguing…

1 Like

yeah. that’s the one. The new one looks bulky as hell.

And, same. I’m fine with the H9. I get by with a midi foot controller, and some programming up front. I also have a midi track in the OT for quick changes, but it’s rare that I mess with it that way.

1 Like