Erica Synths SYNTRX

Funnily enough, Shoebridge’s video convinced me too. I generally despise his videos but that one was actually enjoyable to watch. All the points he didn’t like reminded what’s so special about it.

After having to leave the Synthi queue, I’m under no illusion this will replace the sound of the EMS but it will get me a similar enough tactile experience to what I loved about playing with EMS gear in the past. Plus it’s supporting an awesome company.

If anyone’s concerned, I got confirmation from Erica too that this is definitely the last Synthi style product they will do. Whether they use some of the tech like the Matrix in other gear is another matter.

4 Likes

It seems odd to me that the Desktop Matrix Mixer doesn’t have a Euro counterpart. I’d guess that if the matrix itself fits in 3u, the upper patch points would have to move to the right in order to fit, and following many fine lines in a dark club at 3AM would be unpleasant. So that demonstrates Product Wisdom on the part of Erica / Girts.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the upper patch points cannot be moved to the right.

I was imagining a product designer re-arranging the components of the Desktop Matrix Mixer so that it would fit within the Euro form-factor, rather than a customer.

A sufficiently motivated customer (go see: modwiggler’s DIY subforum) could possibly do the mod, and throw UX/ergonomics to the winds. But Erica seems to have decided against that approach.

There was a short-lived one, but it disappeared almost as quickly as it came out. @Stumm42’s got pretty much all of them, I think.

4 Likes

I love it when an exception proves the rule!

2 Likes

Lol, did have sold one for my other erica synths desktop matrix mixer, they are becoming rare.

2 Likes

EricaSynths - Desktop Matrix Mixer but they also released this.

P-locking patch changes with it would be amazing I think, knob positions aside the closest thing to A4/AK instant analog reconfiguration yet seen?

I’ll possibly buckle at some point, but other stuff will have to go first, I’m also highly tempted by the 2600m, good job I’m disciplined, and skint :joy:

1 Like

right!?! that was one of my first requests: being able to change the patch via midi CC. they said “maybe” but guessing now with it being discontinued it’s “never.”

I guess a midipal or similar could be configured to transform CC to PC, but a bit of a ball ache that CC isn’t implemented for patch change.

sorry I should have said “program change.” you can’t change it via midi is my point. you have to manually do it.

Me too!

This is pure GAS, and not the first bout of that this year. :scream: But… WHOOP!

4 Likes

Oh, I thought it was already possible to change by PC, sure I saw that mentioned? That is indeed a bummer if not!

Music radar mentions it in their review but it’s not possible. No idea why they thought it was.

1 Like

Erica Syntrx is excellent!

7 Likes

Yeah, oddly the mixer matrix module that was released does have midi program changes… Made me hope for an update to the Syntrx but I would have expected them to push the update with the final run announcement if they are going to do it. The other thing I kind of hoped for was a way to back up or share modmatrix presets but sadly that isn’t in the cards.

2 Likes

Very cool! I’m waiting for mine to make the journey from Latvia to Australia so I think it will be a while yet!

4 Likes

It is on the Erica Synth product page too:

1 Like

Holy moly. That’s weird though… Currently already reading the manual so I’m sure I’ll come across it in there as well if it’s really a thing. That would open up some crazy possibilities