Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

It’s the people in 2032 that I’m concerned about. Don’t want to use instruments that random internet strangers think aren’t cool anymore. :wink:

2 Likes

LXR-02 only in this one. Just 3 patterns, but I’ve used 5 of LFO’s on just one track, cos why not ?!? :smiley: [ :headphones: on ]

6 Likes

In 2032, I hope this lot of Elektron power handles I’m just sitting on start selling at MD prices. They’re gonna be pretty rare then.

3 Likes

Great demo. I also love assigning multiple LFOs to one sound. One of the best features of this box.

2 Likes

Just released an electro track using the LXR for all drum parts. It’s the original DIY kit not the 02, but since they share more or less the same DNA and I couldn’t find a thread on the OG I’m posting it here. Hope that’s OK with y’all.

10 Likes

Sounds good, cool track :+1:
I listened a lot to the original LXR (that SoundCloud Compilation) while waiting for my order and loved many of the tracks there so sure :grinning:

joined the cult of the lxr-02

2 Likes

More tECHnO (headphone recommended :headphones: ):

4 Likes

Guys…tell me please, what is the recipe for elixir - 02 for rumbling kick using hardware capabilities without delay and other hardware effects?

is it possible to do this with lfo and without resorting to use all three tracks of bass drum?

I would appreciate a step by step TECHNO guide.

Make sure to play with the slope not just the delay, use the FM as a second sub mix channel, use the modulation destinations and LFO. I have had what I think is pretty good success creating big deep big kicks on only one channel.

2 Likes

It’s also worth playing between the drive on the filter and the drive in the mixer as they hit different parts of the sound.

3 Likes

Guys, I have one more question.
How to copy and paste a specific one step with his settings? Or is it impossible? Thnx.

2 Likes

It is currently impossible to copy and paste a step. Hopefully in the future with a firmware update it may become possible.

3 Likes

I have just purchase the OG. Prefer the more minimal look.

Does anyone know if there is an overall master volume for all tracks?

Had a look at the manual but didn’t mention it. I know there is no headphone out.

Does anyone manage to receive CCs from the LXR-02 when editing parameters from the device ?
I just can’t get to receive any CCs, apart from mirroring what’s going in.
Ideally I’d love to receive a dump of all CCs when I load a kit.

I don’t remember coming across such feature in any of the published firmwares.

However, you can play nicely with the morphing feature to progressively change from your playing kit to a silent kit (and also allows nice (not always) changes in sound)

4 Likes

Was thinking of adding a y adapter with stereo female input for headphones. Appreciate the suggestion.

Sold my LXR for a Syntakt. Even if the LXR 02 has a better overall punch It was a bit too fast into industrial Techno territory IMHO. But now I am missing it for its sonic flexibility 🥹

2 Likes

There’s really nothing sounding like the LXR. Really powerful with lots of character.

3 Likes

You’d be forced to route all parts to a specific output pair when monitoring, but yeah, that should work for headphones. As for a master volume control, I’ve never actually thought about that because I always route all outputs through a submixer, then into my main mixer or audio interface, thus using the master on the submixer + input gain on the submixer sink to control the volume.

1 Like