Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

Thanks for update, I’m glad I didn’t spend more than 10mins trying different encoding options…would have been a fruitless and frustrating exercise

Also appears between 2 patterns with the identical kit!
(For me that’s a killer for a live performance, if you don’t have a smooth pattern transition)…

I get clicks in the same pattern sometimes , if you have a long decay and fast attack, or just rapid notes when the decay doesn’t finish then there are clicks, some more noticeable than others, but tbh it doesn’t really bother me too much. Still, it’d be nice if they could lessen it

Could not reproduce it in a second test run. But: significant BPM drift while hooking up a DB 159 via midi (LXR as Master 149):

ok - the problem seems to pop up after saving the project, going directly back to the pattern selection (latest firmware 1.03).

After rebooting the device the problem seems to be gone (?)

Ah, my comments not really specific to newest firmware…just in general, may have been there in past, fixed and come back again?!?

Alright yes too bad. Please let them know, maybe they will fix it then.

I really wish we could copy sounds or even save individual sounds. I’ll send them that suggestion. Think I already did, but again then.

1 Like

You can’t copy sounds from a kit?
(This I tried to look up everywhere … )

Finally got to take this thing for a spin at the club on Friday night. It was sounding great at home through monitors and headphones but you never really know until you get to the show. It surpassed expectations and sounded like a million bux. It’s the perfect thing for my live rig.

Here’s a recording from the Bluebox which sits at the end of the chain. Other gear is a Blackbox, Octatrack, Faderfox EC4 and Pioneer RMX1000

It’s only the second live set I’ve done and my first time playing one indoors. Please let the criticism and suggestions fly! I want to grow and improve.

17 Likes

The new firmware has changed all of my kits’ sounds quite a bit. Not a big deal as I wasn’t going to use any of that stuff again anyhow, just thought I’d report the behavior. Mainly everything seems transposed up a bit. I’ll probably not really explore much more deeply unless someone has a question.

2 Likes

I’ve Listened to the 1st third, sounding great tbh. Good job :+1:t2: . Are the vocal samples from Portal game? I’ve been wanting to play that thru again one day….

1 Like

sounds great :fire:

1 Like

Yes! I love how that stupid computer just shit-talks you all the way through the game. Had to use her in some music :0)

4 Likes

Sounding ready good mate. I may have to take the plunge on an LXR-02 soon.

1 Like

Thanks for the warning.
I’ve got nothing critical for now so I guess I’ll upgrade, but still, it doesn’t sound good to me.

1 Like

glad and sad it happened to someone else… I may downgrade to work with a few, or just move forward with new kits/patterns…

1 Like

Don’t forget they make the best, most logical sequencer in Eurorack.

1 Like

I had already decided to wait until after the show to upgrade and your comments above further solidified that notion. I’m sorry it’s caused you a hassle.

1 Like

Great set! That last tune is killer, whole thing flows really well.

I’ve started to experiment with DAWless jams, only recording the audio in Ableton. Here’s one using just the LXR-02 and the Volca FM. I meant to record a video of the performance, but forgot to hit record. doh!

3 Likes