Erica Synths Bassline DB-01

That part is cool, it is just different from what I am used to.

Sold my Volcas for that reason.

1 Like

Sounds like it’s more of performance oriented synth which is fine by me. Thank you for the write up!

It really is and it is super awesome for that! Performance stuff is all i am interested in personally, I just like to not have to hit change pattern, I only have two hands and I want to do my transitions on the OT. I might just keep it, I am kinda addicted to it.

2 Likes

I can totally feel that. Glad it seems to be that much fun though!

2 Likes

Pre-ordered on the 3rd and still no word if it shipped out :robot:

It’s prolly gunna take a bit but I’m pretty sure my buddy says they are still working in the shop.

1 Like

Can’t frown when tuna the cats :cat2: around !

3 Likes

Right on. I don’t mind waiting, I just wanna know what’s up. Gonna be a dope machine!

UPDATE: DB-01 is currently my favorite machine I own. hahaha, dammit its so much fun

7 Likes

Very dope. How’d you get one so early?

1 Like

Sweetwater had some last week. I got the email notification they were in stock, but by the time I checked an hour or so later they were all gone. Probably only a small batch? Don’t know. I’d like to get one, but I can be patient and wait a month or two.

1 Like

I pre-ordered it like 3 months ago from sweetwater. they had 3 and i got one

1 Like

EDIT: Looks like this is keyboard mode only!

Pretty bummed you can’t change the gate length of notes using the built in sequencer. Kind of a big compromise IMO. Not a deal breaker though, but means having to use another sequencer. Sounds like the limitation is baked in and not addressable via firmware update which is unfortunate.

Still hoping to get one in the next couple of months!

1 Like

So it has range I take it? It seems to behave a bit like a DFAM if you use the sequencer in fun ways

1 Like

You sure on this? That seems weird to me. I thought this was only the case if using an external keyboard.

I’d love to be wrong! Please tell me that’s the case!

Forwarded to the appropriate spot… watch for about 2 min total:

Yeah thats in keyboard mode. But cant you lengthen or shorten the gates in step mode? Personally i would not use the keyboard mode that often.

I don’t know? I was thinking entering steps was essentially the same thing. Would love if someone with one could elaborate and clarify.

EDIT: Hopefully I am wrong and what I’m talking about is just relating to keyboard mode in regards to the sequencer. See #5 in the manual under the sequencer section. Furthermore, I don’t know if this is a per note setting or for all notes within the sequence.

EDIT #2: Yep… looks like I’m wrong and that’s awesome!

3 Likes

There needs to be more demos with max DRIVE lol :joy: when I get one I’m probably going to turn it all the way up then take the knob off hehehe

1 Like