Erica Synths Bassline DB-01

Tuna the Cat approves of the DB-01

has this one been posted yet ? that would make 4 video demos in this thread then . :slight_smile:

I’m just looking for the decay knob! :joy:

3 Likes

im currently looking for the “BEEF” knob thats on the module version xD

2 Likes

where’s the “BEEF”?

1 Like

It sure is sounding nice… not a huge fan of the patterns on the perfect circuit demo but the sound character and variety is pretty nice. I could see some nice drone type sounds coming from this also.

1 Like

NEW from Erica Synths //// ASDR ENV expansion box for DB-01!

1 Like

yeah don’t worry when i get one ill give you guys the best demos ! But yeah, I found it all lackluster besides the actual synthesis and annoyed at the amount of people who ask for no resonance lol

i know how this thing will perform lol heres a couple bassline module videos to pump up to !

1 Like

3 Likes

Yeah that’s correct after asking someone at Erica synths. Lmao I guess only one guy owns the module version with the “BEEF” ! :joy:

3 Likes

Looks like Ricky Tinez might have a DB-01 video incoming:

1 Like

Check it, there’s a new video presentation:

edit: oh and it’s also ready to order, with estimated shipping due to 1st April (suspicious).

3 Likes

Ricky Tinez at it again. He’s a giant pain in my wallet. :laughing:

He’s got a free sample pack up for it too.

https://bit.ly/smplpcks

4 Likes

quality MS food!

3 Likes
1 Like

This would be able to cut through a mix of DFAMs :thinking:

2 Likes

Of the all-analogue monos currently available in this price bracket, I’m most tempted by the AVP Synth MBS-100: No seq, but 2 oscs and plenty of beef by the sound of the demos:

1 Like

I have the DB-01 and I can say it is very fun and performative. Sounds unique and feels like quality. The envelope is kinda on auto mode but after you place with it for a bit you find that you can make it sound like you have control over the decay, which you technically don’t. TRANSPOSE latching and ARP latching were amazing and felt more fun than playing on my Digitone (as far as playing on it goes during a sequence)

BUT…

No MIDI CC’s. NO program change in/out. Master volume is in the settings (not a big deal but I had to look for it which felt weird.) MOD track only records +/- values to the filter cut off. So no Elektron style sequencing or Korg style “motion sequence.” To play it with an external midi keyboard you have to be in the units KEY mode.

I’d overlook all that for PROG change in. That’s all, just let my OT or DT tell the darn thing to go to its next pattern!

8 Likes

I think that s actually an advantage.

Have fun! A bit jealous here :smile:

1 Like