Eowave Quandrantid Swarm

it’s real slidey on me desk. could really do with some squishy pad feet.

Sounds amazin tho :wink:

2 Likes

Haha. I have that issue too, currently using some blu tack until I figure out a more permanent solution!

2 Likes

Good idea :bulb:

I asked Eowave on IG when the next batches would be and they said late Feb.

They went on to say that sourcing potentiometers is not easy these days, and that their potentiometers have been stuck at customs borders due to Brexit.

Hi @Grate_expectations, any update on what you think about it? Are you using it musically?

While you’re waiting, have a listen to Surgeon playing about with one for 2 hours.

https://youtu.be/9jJh5taRkI4

5 Likes

I have an order with Schneidersladen since late Jan/early Feb, their latest updated is that I should expect my unit by… April.

Got the same answer from SL, sourcing potentiometers was impacted by Brexit :confused:

Bloody potentiometers, coming over here, putting perfectly good English knobs out of work…

7 Likes

Schneiders Laden is now sending out mails for the wait list customers. My Quadrantid Swarm arrived today, but from MIDI Amsterdam.

6 Likes

Plucked my guitar into the QS to use envelope, filters and LFO

7 Likes
8 Likes

Haha great demo, you can rely on Pete Cannon.
Very nice work @Frisqo. This is one of those boxes I can’t afford right now but there’s no doubt I’ll end up with one at some point

1 Like

Just took delivery of the Eurorack version.

First impressions upon taking it out of the box.
Nicely put together, Front panel is fibreglass but very nicely finished, so kind of a plus, at least in terms of weight saving.

The knobs are a bit fiddly small for my cripple fingers but are nice and tall, so I can grab some of them rubbery covers for them off Thonk to compensate. Manual is a bit thin, but has all the info I actually need in it. My case already has mounting points inside it for a spring tank, so fitting that should be a piece of piss.

I’m not the biggest fan of the design/layout, bit squiggly for my tastes but as long as it sounds right I’ll let that go. Everything is labelled clearly and it’s obvious what every knob and patch point does and there’s no hipsterglyph going on.

I’ll come back with opinions on its sound tonight if my kids fuck off to bed at a reasonable hour.

1 Like

How did you solve the slidey issue?
Mine is very slippery, I tried on any type of surface (wood plastic and ceramic)

Curious to hear in word / vid / other - interpretive dance? - what you’re up to with it!

blu tack

I was looking into rubber feet but difficult to find that size as they would need to go underneath those slim panels

I’m on the East coast at the minute, so not enough internet to upload anything.

My last two posts in the “current sounds” thread feature the QS prominently though.

1 Like

Are you liking the modular version of the QS?

I got the desktop it sounds good it is a rad device

I have only used it with a Digitone in sequencer mode

Love it.

It sits so well in a mix and the two filters really add a lot of sound design options.

It’s a slight ballache getting it in the right spot in the rack because of the touch keys, but not really a big deal.