Eowave Quandrantid Swarm

3 Likes

This thing is absolutely insane. Pure, under the radar madness.

16 Likes

Ha, you beat me to it!

I was listening to this very demo walking down the street last night and several times just laughed out loud and said “Holy shit!”

Of course, Mylar’s talent takes the 2-iron to most things but, equally, you can really hear the joy growing as he continues to jam.

3 Likes

Serious OT partner.
Internal sequencer and sequencing over midi can be combined.

Some great vids on eowave’s ig:

4 Likes

I was about to share this too if no one had noticed. Man that thing looks exactly like what I hoped from Eurorack (and abandoned due to the cost, hyperGAS, and complexity) but within one small package. I’m going to try and refrain from buying, a use I want to try and not buy anything for a while. But this might stay top of the list for quite some time:)

@AdamJay great that midi and sequencer can be combined! I was wondering about that

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this or the Typhon… GAS is a horrible thing.

I wonder if the Swarm module is the same. It’s a little bit cheaper, but i suppose i need to provide a way to power it. Is that the only difference ?
Because at Modular Square in Paris they just have the module remaining…

Looks like Mutable Instruments with a Harvestman sound and a Makenoise design. Sick

1 Like

So I just pulled the trigger on one of these. I’m a sucker for these little synths with sequencers.

5 Likes

I csnt find any available at the mo. know of any places still in stock?

I picked up the last one from a shop here in Basel. I didn’t see them anywhere else unfortunately.

2 Likes

Yea it is the same.
Same connector and everything. Just no case or PSU.

1 Like

I was very tempted but the money isn’t there for me right now, even though my wife has encouraged my to spoil myself after such a hard year.

All the under the hood CC#, plus the digital oscs, dual filter capability, feedback circuit, and general wonkiness of it all tickles my mind the way the Pro2 does, when I consider driving it with my OT.
In a small case with a little more modulation for the analog parts, I could be really happy with this receiving notes and CC from OT and then going into my Typhon for FX.

My plan is to play with this, my OT (AE :slight_smile: ) and my DB-01. A little techno triad.

6 Likes

I’m hoping I can also find a way to trigger the sequencer reset from the OT - maybe sending a click from the cue will do it.

2 Likes

It should. Others have clocked modulars in the same way.

And this way you can do it with conditional trigs too!

2 Likes

I’ve done that with my DFAM so it should work - it’s gonna be so much fun.

1 Like

This looks right up my alley, but I’m afraid my arthritic sausage fingers would struggle with the tiny knobs. I could whack some bigger knobs on there but some of them look a bit close together to get away with it.
Also, I’m skint.

2 Likes

I’m also skint, relying on shifting a few items pretty soon…

Thanks for answer, i was not sure. The case isn’t a problem, for psu i will phone to Modular Square.