Empty audio pool? I just loaded samples

Great, Many Thanks.

Looking at Thavius (MacPro Video) on Youtube. He shows how to create a ‘Flex’ Machine template you can re-use, and he says use ‘save to new’ as a ‘Project’. Just want to know how do you import that Template into a new Project you just created?

Simply open the template project, and save it with a new name.

2 Likes

Thanks, will try. Makes sense, then the ‘Flex’ Template will remain in the Project folder.

Peter, how can I safely rename the project I am currently working on? I dont want the samples etc to be confused about which Project it originally was pointing to.

The samples will not be confused.

But in any case, I suggest that you load your template project then SAVE TO NEW to create a new project in which you can work without messing with your template project.

3 Likes

If you’re happy with what you’ve done with your template, SAVE TO NEW is necessary, otherwise you loose your initial template. Use SAVE once done otherwise you can’t reload previous state.

SAVE TO NEW also make a copy of Project’s folder audio files. If audio files are in Audio folder, their path remain the same.

2 Likes

ok. I also noticed I made the template before checking the Master Steps, and it was set to 16. What do you suggest setting Master steps to? (64? as a factory type default)

Thanks Sez. Need this to sink in as well.

Do you mean MASTER LENGTH in the Scale Setup menu? That’s a Pattern parameter, not a Project parameter. Set it to whatever you feel you are most likely to use.

good.
Another problem I am having I noticed my Track sounds are often being changed as I navigate the sound files folders when I assign other sounds to other tracks. Very frustrating. Yes, I save and use ‘Collect Samples’ in the Project menu often, but its really weird, seems to jump all over when I scroll. So, I have a Bass Guit assigned to a track, then I go back and theres a synth pad sound there all of a sudden… Any suggestions? Is there a Lock-Down somewhere so the Slots list doesn’t change?

If you want to use different samples for, lets say, track 1 in different patterns within a bank you need to use different “parts”. Otherwise changing the sample of track 1 in pattern A2 will also change the sample of track 1 in pattern A1.

Note that this holds only true for patterns within a single bank. pattern A1 and B1 won’t influence each other, because they use a different “part” by default.

“Part” == complete configuration of all tracks + scenes configuration

About the slot lists: The sample slot lists (static and flex) are global (shared by all patterns). So when you use slot 1 in a pattern you shouldn’t modify this slot in a different pattern unless you want to change the sound there, too.

2 Likes

OK, need to analyze this. Thanks again.

I would really suggest to read through the manual carefully and slowly. Everything is explained there. The OT isn’t a machine you can operate by simply second guessing how things work together.

4 Likes

yes, I am finding that out.
I usually just reference the manual through search when I hit a snag.