Empty audio pool? I just loaded samples

No reason why, unless you deleted AUDIO folder or renamed it.
Check if you have an Audio folder in your set with CARD TOOLS > FILE MANAGER, or with your computer.

PROJECT > SET > CHANGE
You can see what is active set there.

1 Like

There are two things you need to know (as @sezare56 already tried to explained):

1. You can only access files which are in directories within (ā€œbelowā€) your active set directory.
  2. Each set has its very own AUDIO folder (there is no such thing as a single main AUDIO folder).

So a toplevel AUDIO directory makes absolutely no sense. The AUDIO directory you can use within a set needs always to be within the set directory itself.

4 Likes

OK. I checked Card Tools File manager. There is an audio file, but it is not the Main Master audio File , only the one with a few samples under SRC setupā€¦ So, Where the hell is the main audio file??? How can I even locate on the CF Card if it exists there?

As @tnussb already tried to explain :content:, there is an Audio folder automatically created with the Set.

:thinking: what is that?

You have an Audio folder. By default, recordings files are saved in that folder.

3 Likes

This is in my Main Audio Folder on the CF card. Am I missing something here or might it be in some other folder?

Yes, so I need to pick and choose the samples I want to use for my current project from the Main Audio Folder and put them into my current Project Slots, then save that audio folder as part of the Project.

Maybe I need to start a new "SETā€™, then put Projects into that Folder, Maybe Iā€™ve been saving new projects to an older ā€˜SETā€™, that doesnā€™t allow me to add any new Audio files to it

This folder should be named AUDIO folder, in default SET (probably named PRESET).

What are you looking for?

Yes, the Folder is labeled ā€˜AUDIOā€™

So you are looking for the files you copied to that folder?
If you canā€™t see them, the active SET is probably the wrong one. Change SET to the right one.

No need to create several sets if you donā€™t feel confortable with folders and files.

1 Like

Thanks. I donā€™t know why the extra ā€˜SETā€™ Folders were created to begin with. I only need one SET Folder.

Again: There is no such thing as a main audio folder. Each set has its own AUDIO folder which needs to be within the set folder itself.

From your screenshots its not really clear where your so-called ā€œmain audio folderā€ is located. If it isnā€™t in a set folder, then you have to move it there, because otherwise you cannot access the files there.

I would suggest to use just a single set for now. Each set can contain as many projects you want and all projects can access the shared AUDIO folder of this set. Having multiple sets only makes your life harder for now (because a project cannot access the AUDIO folder from a different set).

1 Like

Can I just delete my extra SET folders I dont need and start over? Should I delete from the Octatrack or Load onto my Mac and delete them?

Thanks Tnuss, I think I will just reload the Octatrack Master files from Elektron. Maybe thatā€™s what is causing the issues.

When you are sure the additional SET folders donā€™t contain stuff you still need, you can delete them. I would do it when the OT is mounted on the mac, because you can navigate the directory structure there more easily and faster.

2 Likes

cool. All the crap I have on the OT has been just for my learning it, nothing worth saving, except some samples I made.

There is no need to reload the files. Just move the directories around. The structure should be like this:

-> AUDIO
-> MyProject1
-> MyProject2
ā€¦

DEFAULT == thatā€™s the set directory (named ā€œDEFAULTā€)
AUDIO == audio pool (subdirectory within DEFAULT)
MyProjectX == example project directories (however they are named - also subdirectories within DEFAULT directory)

Of course, the set directory donā€™t need to be called ā€œDEFAULTā€ ā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome, working on it nowā€¦ I shoulda done this a month ago, instead of guessing and confusing myself. I think the ā€˜DEFAULTā€™ is the ā€˜PRESETS MKIIā€™ Folder, which is the ā€˜SETā€™.

Probably. My default set was PRESETS on my MKI.

Think I got itā€¦ Many Thanks to you and Sez. Very Logical, great layout.