Empty audio pool? I just loaded samples

Yikes. I don’t see anything in my audio pool and I’m sure I’ve added content to it as described in the manual. I do see the files when looking at the “AUDIO” file in the file manager under card tools under system in the project menu. Just trying to fill my sample slots on my new OT after reading the manual 4 times. No exaggeration. I checked the forum extensively for an answer/topic to this issue. Last night (about midnight, with a beer) was to be my big cherry-breaking moment as I’ve only so far experimented with the recorder trigs and buffers. Was up til 2am frustrated on a week night trying to figure this out. Please help.

Do you have a set mounted? Not sure why they wouldn’t appear, but if you have a flex or static assigned to a track, have double tapped the track button so that the machine assign menu is open, using the right arrow will bring you to the flex or static slot list, hitting right arrow on a highlighted slot will bring you to the audio pool folder, and you should see your samples.

Another thing to consider, make sure the samples are in the right format per the manual.

1 Like

I’ve done all that but maybe the problem is that I’ve not pressed “right” when cursor is on sample slot 1. I know I’ve pressed “yes”. The samples have been tried and tested before, I’m sure, as they’re from tarekith and also patcharena. None of the ten files appear in the audio pool but show up seemingly perfectly in the file manager. Thanks for your response.

And, I’ll add, when I connect back into my laptop(after disconnecting), the files appear to be on the card or at least in the octatrack somehow as I’ll click on “audio” and the ten files appear as they should after I’ve already entered USB disk mode to see those files on the laptop.

“I shoulda learned to play that geetar!
I shoulda learned to play…them…drums.”

You should have a Set folder, e.g. O-DUBSDEMO which contains an Audio Pool and one or more Project folders.

The Set folder should contain an Audio Pool folder called AUDIO this is where you shared samples should be; which can have sub-folders if so required.

The Set folder should contain one or more Project folders, e.g. ODUBSTEPD containing all the Project files for that folder.

2 Likes

What you’ve shown, I’ve seen on my laptop screen. These are my first samples ever loaded to a new OT, so the files show both “AUDIO” and “PROJECT” files under the set name. I click on AUDIO and the sample files show as if in the octatrack somewhere. But in the file browser, when about to load my carefully selected sample chains, salivating, I see no files, just blank with the memory at the bottom reading 63.9 mb, if memory serves. Love this community. Hope I can give back sometime.

To be clear here, it seems able to get the samples transferred to the card or OT somewhere, just not into the actual audio pool accessible for sample slots, flex or static.

a) What are the format of the files?

b) [Function] + [Project] -> [System] -> [Card Tools] -> [File Manager]

Browse to the Audio folder, can you see them that way?

The format I think is within spec as I’ve downloaded from patcharena and from tarekith who both claim on their site that these are OT specific sample chains. I dint have specifics right now though. I’m at work. And yes, I found those files through project-system-card tools-file manager-audio. They look delicious. I tried to copy and paste to the file browser but no. It doesn’t work that way.

I’m pulling my hair out. my audio samples are wav. They don’t load onto the audio pool when I use the compact flash card that came with the OT either. Again, they seem to load onto the card as proven in card tools and also on the laptop screen.
This is a real punch in the gut after a marathon of reading that manual over and over for 4 months until I comprehended everything. I bought the best sampler ever that won’t play samples. Sorry. I’m fuming inside.

Hit me up on Facebook / Skype or something…

1 Like

I believe this is the sample slot screen and not the list of all samples in the set… forgive me if you’ve already tried this, but you need to load samples into it using the file browser, as page 27 of the manual states:

Thanks to tanburi, Pselodux and rusty for your responses. Rusty, I’ll try to skype/Facebook you later, maybe tomorrow. I don’t have immediate access to either at the moment as I’m not a member/user of either. My wife is on Facebook under the name April. Do you prefer any time to contact you. I’d like to accommodate you as I’m the one needing help. Thanks again. I’m in Chicago in case your in my neighborhood.

Anytime suits me, all I do is work and be the unofficial Octatrack support desk.

Just ping me (or your wife ping me) here / Facebook / IRC or something and we’ll see what can be organsised.

Thanks again, Rusty. You were so helpful and patient. Wow. I owe ya a beer or something like that.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it is my raison d’etre :expressionless:

I am also having difficulty in ‘seeing’ and locating my samples on my OT mk2 Compact Flash card to load into Static machines. My hangup is I still don’t quite understand what is a ‘Set’ vs. ‘Project’ …
Do ALL Samples need to be in the main Folder Named ‘AUDIO’? I see I have about 5 Scratch Set/Projecs I created that are ‘SET’ Folders that contain AUDIO folders also–

I am fairly new to OT, but have been learning the many aspects of it for 2 months, and understand a lot of it, but haven’t really tried to do any real songs yet

I just made a bunch of new .WAV samples correctly on my Mac in Audacity, I see and hear them on my Mac desktop, but dont see them back in my OT CF card, I placed them in the Master Audio file on the CF Card, however there is another Folder on the CF card that says Audio… maybe its over-riding the Master Audio Folder and not allowing me to see it???. The OT is not seeing or accessing the Master Audio Folder at all for loading samples onto my tracks as Static machines??? I dont see any Audio Pool anywhere.
This is my current CF Card Folder. OT was purchased by me on 11/11/19, so any prior stuff on here is not from me.

A set is basically a folder with projects folders and audio folder. You have access to any audio file in active set. You don’t have access to other sets files.

Audio folder is selected by default when you want to select a file, so it can be useful.
Recordings files are in Audio folder by default, but you can select active project folder instead in PERSONALIZE menu (SAVE SAMPLES TO).

If you want to share / backup a project with its audio files, you can use COLLECT SAMPLES function (makes copies of used s1moles in the project folder), preferably after a PURGE SAMPLES (deleting unused samples).

1 Like

Thanks Sez. I have been using Collect Samples function. Maybe I will need to start over and use your instructions. I just started a Project today as I said, using Project>Create Empty Project. That is not allowing me to access the Main Audio folder… any ideas why? does it have to do with a ‘SET’ that I may be in already?

I will try to save and Reload this current project and see if it tells me what Set the Project is that I am in. Or, how can I identify which ‘SET’ this project is in? I understand the SET is the top of the Structure of the OT.

Being helpful and patient of drink beers? :thinking: