Elk-herd 3.0 beta: Project Import at last!

Definitely.

1 Like

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

Restore = forget beer , time to break out the champaign bottles!!

3 Likes

Thank you SO much @mzero for the great work.
Just wanted to share my experience and report a bug -maybe-

As another user mentioned in the old Alpha thread. ā€œProject Sendā€ works for me only on usb midi mode -no overbridge-

My project contained a sample locked trigger with parameter locks on it.
the presumed bug is when I changed the locked sample position in the pool and then send the project back, the following happened:

First two pages the sample lock transferred to the next trigger with the correct new sample number in the pool. Parameter lock stayed on the correct trigger.
Second two page the sample lock and parameter locks are on the correct trigger but the sample number corresponded to the old sample number in the pool.

I know this is extra weird and I hope I explained it well.

thank you again, you are a saint :innocent:

MacOS 10.14.4_Digitakt 1.11_OB 2.0.24.11_Chrome 78.0.3904.70

1 Like

I donā€™t

3 Likes

@mzero
Project & Pattern Management for the rytm mkI isn`t possible, right?
any chance that you implement that in the near future?

1 Like

Me either.

1 Like

elk-herd currently only supports project & pattern management for digitakt. I have a Rytm mkII, but I havenā€™t looked into it, though it is probably possible to support.

Managing Samples on the +Drive is easy because the Digitakt, Rytm, and Model:Samples all have the same structure and support the same form of programmatic access. Projects and patterns, on the other hand, have a different structure on each machine. Even if they are similar, the binary messages must all be decoded, and the user interface reconfigured for the different blocks that each machine has.

In short, I estimate it is about 3 months worth of work to support Project management on a new machine. Once 3.1 is out (Digitakt project + samples complete backup files!) Iā€™ll assess what to do next.

10 Likes

lol, let me rephrase my comment to make it a little more digestibleā€¦
What I really meant was, that for every digitakt owner that doesnā€™t own and iOS device there is probably at least one that doesā€¦
hows that? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you for all of your efforts, looking forward to model samples support like the digitakt when/if you can get to it, after that I can die happy.

1 Like

I also have no apples

half as many apples as previous!
haha!

2 Likes

completely different :hugs:

1 Like

you know what they sayā€¦ A not an apple a day keeps the not a doctor awayā€¦

1 Like

This is all neat looking! I, however, donā€™t have a digitakt. I am here because

Elektron is committed to eventually making an API they can supportā€¦

Where did you get this potentially delightful bit of information?

I went to NAMM 2018 and talked with the CTO in person!

Since then weā€™ve kept up an e-mail correspondence. Weā€™ve discussed issues I found in the existing APIs, and possible future improvements. They did solicit my input on what kind of APIs Iā€™d need in the future.

12 Likes

Wow, what a valuable relationship youā€™ve formed with them, and they with you! Your elk-herd project hugely increases the DT value for me and other users as well Iā€™m sure. They must be very pleased that you decided to buy a Digitakt.

5 Likes

True. If I was them. I would think that Iā€™d owe you at least one DT.

1 Like

Hi there,
Thanks so much for making creating this platform.

Having an issues importing the selected project.
after I select the project I want to import, the digitakt doesnā€™t seem to receive the sysex file.
Do i have to set the digitakt to Sysex receive prior to importing the project?

No, in fact you should not be on the SysEx Receive page. Just the normal pattern display is fine.

Possible issues:

• You are on Linux. If so, sadly, save the project in elk-herd to a file, then use a amidi to send the file to the DT.
  • You loaded a project on the DT that has USB MIDI off. Check the page Settings (:gear:) > MIDI Config > Port Config, and besure that Input From and Output To are both set to USB (MIDI + USB will work, too, but be much slower on output!)

If neither of these are your issue, then please send me a private message with more details of your set up.

1 Like

Beta 3 is now live

There was a nasty bug that would move your sample plocks, and leave other plocks on the last two sequencer pages ā€œhangingā€ at previous sample slots. Yikes!! Iā€™m very very embarrassed that I didnā€™t catch that in testing.

My deep gratitude to @whhbaa for finding this bug and reporting it. :pray:

All fixed in Beta 3.

13 Likes