Elektron's favorite synthesizers

Funny that this synth should come up again - I was researching it recently because apparently used heavily on this Ruede Hagelstein album, which I love. Do you think these sounds could have come from a 707?

Little difficult to determine, but thats be course I am on laptop speakers now. I checked some other tunes, and it could very well be. Cool album!
I really like my Korg 707 - the one I have now is my second one.

And thanks for the album tip! I will have a proper listen on my way back home :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some great choices, some glaring omissions. No one went for the model D! For me…
Classics:
Oberheim OB-X
Jup4
CS80
Polysix
SH-2000 (preset mono synth, earlier ones have a copied version of moog ladder filter which sounds phenomenal)
Modern:
Studio Electronics C.O.D.E/Omega
Modal 002
DSI P6

1 Like

Can’t believe timbre wolf wasn’t mentioned

2 Likes

Agreed. Cool synth.

1 Like

And what Elektron machine is being favoured?

Kurzweil K2000. The hardest synth/sampler/sequencer to learn of all time. But, similar to Elektron gear, so very worth it. 20 years later I’m still finding new synthesis tricks on it.

With so much of you citing the TB303, how come there is no glide in your sequencers ? :grin:

3 Likes

the only difference between a glide and slide is a g and an s

1 Like

Fair enough. Now please add a [g,s]lide to the Digitakt and the Octatrack. :upside_down_face:

Having used all of the synths mentioned, the JP4 has a sound all of its own which doesn’t exactly resemble anything else by Roland (other than the ProMars).

1 Like

sorry if i’m not getting you here but as far as my understanding goes parameter slides on all elektron devices with sequencers can “glide” pitch (and any other parameter) between trigs.

You can’t do it on the Digitakt, it doesn’t have parameter or note slides. Well, you kinda can but you have to use the LFO, so not the same.

1 Like

No they don’t. (see Glide/portamento )

We’ve strayed off-topic here after resurrecting an old AMA thread which primarily concerned the staff working at Elektron :3lektron:

closed for now :lock:

1 Like