Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #18 The 18th result

Me too

@rockpapergoat

1 Like

Use the Matriarch

Edit: Or the Prophet!

I did kind of mean no synths at all.
But as that’s my bad yet again as I didn’t express that clear enough you may as well submit a beat wether you’ve used a synth or not.
We’ll just know now which beat is yours :joy:

1 Like

Or the Grandmother!

Or the Mother 32!

Or the Subharmonicon!

Or the Werkstatt 01!

Or the NTS 1!

Or the MC 101!

Or the Syntakt!

Or the Ax Edge Keytar!

…wait… do I have a problem? Am I addicted?

1 Like

I’m gonna stick with my original suggestions of Matriarch or Prophet but yeah, that’s a lot of synths brother. Do you have a problem? Well, that depends on whether or not you can afford rent, food, and the holy medicinal. Are you addicted? Yeah, but you’re in good company.

1 Like

We won’t “know” which beat is his because there are synths (or at least synthy strings) all over the soundtracks.

1 Like

Well I’m heavily influenced by Mike Dean.

I try to emulate him on all my tracks.

So when you hear a track, and you say to yourself, “This shit doesn’t sound like Mike Dean at all!?!”

It’s probably mine, because I can’t play for shit, and I am definitely no Mike Dean.

1 Like

Now we’ll know which is yours for sure!

Edit: I’m obviously joking here, in case that isn’t clear.

1 Like

Well I’ve finished mine and sent it to myself.
Not a bad turn out so far numbers wise but hoping to get a few more. :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ll do the poll Friday Eve or possibly early Saturday now I’ve been roped into working later than expected on that day

7 Likes

I will send it later this day :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Got one coming too and going to try to shoot it over later today! :older_man:

5 Likes

Seems like a lot of people participating this time, excited to listen to all of your creations!

5 Likes

I haven’t got a clue what the Soundcloud thumbnail should be for this mish-mash of sample sources loosely connected to an 18th battle so if anyone has got any ideas post em here and I’ll add it when I create the playlist later :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just type that in Dall-E and see what happen

3 Likes

my idea exactly

5 Likes

Dam, I didn’t even know about that. That’s great cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m already pretty excited to hear the playlist in a bit😀

4 Likes

I’m just off to work now but I’ll do the playlist when I get back.
To be honest I only wanted to host because I was due to be off this week and wanted something constructive to do with my internet time but that got cancelled but glad I did host anyway.

Anyway, I’ve played through the first few bars of some of the tracks today for the first time and we’ve got some fire so it’s gonna be tricky to pick a winner.
And it’s also good to see a few of the battle OG’s submit a beat and take part again

5 Likes

That is some awesome Alien/Apocalypse Now hybrid art :man_scientist:

4 Likes

Vote thread is up :up:

5 Likes