Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #14: The Wu-Tang Edition

May be the best opportunity to learn how to finish a full track while learning deeper OT instead endless fun noodling :slight_smile:

4 Likes

never entered one of these but always loved listening to the entries. No better time to start than when the mighty wu are the influence for a track. I’m in :slight_smile:

and thanks for the samples

3 Likes

Are FX plugins or hardware allowed?

1 Like

Wowee some big boots to fill on this one, hopefully I can get something done that does justice to the theme…:+1:

1 Like
2 Likes

Yes, any gear/software is allowed to work on the samples provided. You just cannot add any of your own sounds…

Great cause I got some new FX hardware on the way :smiley:

1 Like
3 Likes

Cool I will try to really participate this one.

2 Likes

i’m gonna try to be in too…
edit: thx for the invitation

2 Likes

Gunning for the most original track! :sunglasses: thanks for the great theme and samples :partying_face:

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is the best place to admit this., but I’ve never really listened to wu-tang - maybe heard a couple tracks and a couple more from individuals of the the group but that’s it. People seem hyped here, maybe I have been missing out

4 Likes

You have :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Never listenned wu-tang me neither :slight_smile:

2 Likes

'Ol Dirty Bastard

2 Likes

I’m you’re huckleberry! Hell yes.

1 Like

Wu-Tang is legendary. But just a word of warning, they ain’t nothin ta fuck with.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Well this is indeed the perfect moment to catch up! The tracks posted in this thread are a good start.

To me, the reason Wu-Tang (not just the group itself, but the whole movement they started) is so highly regarded is that they had a totally unique sound, style and esthetic.

Whereas most rap music tried to sound like a rap version of an existing genre (disco, jazz, funk, pop), Wu-Tang blended kung-fu movies, 60’s soul and funky drumbreaks with new york slang and intentional terrible lofi mixing to make a truly unique, abstract sound. They are like a genre of music by themselves, and you can hear their influence throughout hiphop but also other genres of music.

5 Likes

Here’s one of my favorites:

3 Likes