Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #14: The Wu-Tang Edition

I hope everybody’s ready to bring tha motherfucking ruckus because battle 14 is an ode to one of the greatest groups of all time: the legendary Wu-Tang Clan!
@Yabba, @Unifono and me put together some samples and rules, we hope you guys will enjoy this one!

To celebrate the Wu’s originality there’s some battle specific rules for this one:

• Instead of voting for a single winner, we’ll vote for 2 joint winners: There’s the RZA award for best track overall, and the ODB award for the most unique/original/out of the box track.
  • Instead of picking a top 3, everyone who joins gets 2 votes, 1 for each award. You can’t vote for the same track twice, and you obviously can’t vote for yourself.
  • If the situation occurs someone wins both categories, the one ending up with the second most total votes overall in either category will win that one.

What sounds/sample material can you use?

• There’s 3 youtube video’s and a download link below.
  • You can use the stax soul samples if you want to
  • You have to use at least some piece of sound (music, fx or dialogue) from one if the kung-fu movies, you can use both if you like
  • As for the download link: I made a special sleepyhead samplepack for you guys to use. It contains drums, instruments and fx designed using the analog rytm, moog grandmother, sp404, a mic and some vsti’s. Feel free to use it after this battle as well!
  • No other sounds, samples, instruments or vsti’s are allowed! You have to use the samples provided and nothing else.
  • You may (but are not obliged to) add any wu-tang related acapella to your track.

Sleepy’s Supreme Samplepack

The Spirit of the Wu:

• You are encouraged to make a track inspired by the Wu-Tang clan. This does not mean your track has to sound like a Wu track. Wu inspired trap or West Coast flavoured Wu-Tang beats are very welcome. Remember: originality is rewarded!

Schedule:

• to join the battle you have to send your track (max. 3 minutes) to me in a pm before october 9th
  • In the meantime we encourage everyone to share their favorite Wu-Tang track below to get the inspiration going!

Good luck guys!

28 Likes

@polarfox
@monquixote
@philippas
@Leptic
@1-2
@Symian
@Blasted_pingin
@rennweg
@surfacescan
@xyzer

@Penz413
@emadb
@Jedilicious
@waftlord
@Roman01
@Chef_capes
@onlyjust
@rnzr
@Synu
@looms

@Claid
@infovore
@tinara
@eerieacid
@PineappleDave
@Sherelle
@Dheurt
@PeteSasqwax
@CCMP
@simonbradford

2 Likes

@FNKSTRNG
@LyingDalai
@Maisin
@Boxymusic
@NeonMelk
@Affectionate-Bee-781
@new_drugs
@Kpucski
@sezare56
@TheGhostCat

@drrumble
@Doug
@rockpapergoat
@DimensionsTomorrow
@Kuro
@Le_filou
@sleepside
@Phallas
@malus_mons
@proskynesis

1 Like

I love the idea. But that link isn’t working, man

1 Like

Thanks for setting this up @Sleepyhead
My favorite group track from the clan.

11 Likes

Thanks for letting me know… It was working when I tried.

I’ve now updated the link using mediafire as a hosting website. Does it work now?

2 Likes

looks good :+1:

3 Likes

I really love the theme and will try to get something together for this one. The latest download link worked for me, btw.

2 Likes

Wu-Tang forever!

3 Likes
6 Likes

It’s maybe a basic answer, but Triumph just goes from bar 1. Truly a called shot

5 Likes

“Don’t you know caffeine can cause serious delirium?” Classic.

Few old favourites

I’m super busy with my job these days but will try my best to get involved. Thanks for the invite!

5 Likes

Brilliant idea.

I’m going to give it my best shot!

3 Likes

Nice one for the idea and samples @Sleepyhead
I’m gonna ignore all advice about originality and do my utmost while it’s acceptable to make a beat that sounds as much like Wu-Tang as possible :joy:

6 Likes

Some of my favourite wu style beats are actually from 4th disciple and affiliates like those two

3 Likes

I’ll do my best to participate fully this time.

3 Likes