Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #14: The Wu-Tang Edition

Kendra sings soul type stuff and she is often sampled for Czarface beats. Godforbid, the lead singer of That Handsome Devil has some skit cameos on Czarface and was in a HipHop trio The Alaskan Fishermen with Thirstin…

1 Like

Can almost guarantee (by the sound and era) that my guy produced that

1 Like

This also was a fav.

2 Likes

I just sample real time in analog like you would from any other source

2 Likes

also haven’t started here aside from listening to the sources. might have to hide myself in the bunker to get this done at the last possible minute.

1 Like

on my mac, i installed youtube-dl via brew and aliased it to

yt: aliased to youtube-dl -x --audio-format mp3

so typing yt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVC8KvjSqJs in a terminal downloads the whole thing, converted to audio mp3. then i can chop it up however in ableton. it’s quick and easy.

7 Likes

too many gems, always dug this one - get ya nose swollen up like toucan

Great, thanks!
I sent you pm with Wetransfer link, but as it is first time I send a pm, not sure if things went right.

1 Like

I’ll check it when I’m on my computer!

2 Likes

@Sleepyhead Are there any limitations to the gear we can use, hardware/software for these hip-hop battles? So long as we use the specified sounds?

1 Like

No limitations on hardware/software you use, besides the fact that you can only use them to sequence/shape/mix/apply fx to the samples provided, you cannot use sounds you make yourself on hardware gear or in software.

1 Like

@Sleepyhead Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

1 Like

chrome audio capture so you can sample any sources of the computer

Currently trying to sequence the flute sample in which is stacks of fun. I need more flutes in my life

1 Like

made my track today. only have to add some kung fu

2 Likes

I use mediahumans YouTube to mp3 software on windows, it’s pretty awesome and free last time I checked… just as a caveat, I’m in no way advocating piracy here, just a convenient way to grab audio for sampling purposes, when I posted this in another thread it was flag central…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately, time has gotten away from me on this one and work has been really been picking up.

I’ve decided that the last three months of the year I’m going to try to work on getting a few tracks together for a little mini-EP (fingers crossed), so I think I’m going to be taking a break from the battles for a bit. Still looking forward to seeing what everyone cooks up! Good luck everybody!

2 Likes

It’s a shame you wont participate, but I’m looking forward to hearing your ep when you finish… will it be sp404mk2 hiphop stuff?

1 Like

I’m actually aiming for a few original instrumental tracks. A bit of a departure from my battle tracks so a bit of a challenge to be honest. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’m stoked to see the entries! Wu tang clan is very nostalgic for me. I might try to make something myself but I’ve never made hip hop before haha. I love hip hop but I make completely different music myself.

1 Like