@DimensionsTomorrow sample
@rockpapergoat sample
@audio2.0 sample
Only kick and snare are outside

Effects from LIVE

8 Likes

It’s @simonbradford sample. :wink:
Really good job, my favorite yet.
I think using an already produced voice track is a bit cheating, especially Antipop Consortium, but you made something very different from the original! :content:

Unfortunately no time to participate seriously…
Have fun everyone…

1 Like

Thanks.
I’ll correct the mistake.

Fun fact: I hadn’t had the time to actually listen to the original version ^^

And I get what you say about cheating.
For me it’s more that I don’t feel like this track is truly mine. In the other hand, that was a fantastic exercise and APC might be my favorite hip-hop act, I just love how futuristic they can sound.
I did my best to create a sound they wouldn’t disapprove!

2 Likes

Thanks. I felt a bit weird about using it since I don’t speak french and I chopped the verses all to pieces. But, at the end of the day it is about how something sounds and I loved the way they fit.

2 Likes

Here’s my attempt.
I used Amy Winehouse uploaded by @sezare56
Oh Superman uploaded by @Boxymusic
And the guitar intro on the track uploaded by @drrumble, which I altered to make the main sample, I also used strings from this track.
I threw a verse from Kool G Rap in there too.

I made the main beat in Digitakt and recorded it from the master track into Ableton where I added the Kool G Rap and Amy Winehouse vocals.

11 Likes

This is fire :fire:! Props!

1 Like

I was worried I had to skip this one, since I was on vacation without any gear until 4 hours ago… but I managed to cook up something quick! The beat is made entirely on the ARmk2, and performed in 1 take.

The "O Superman’ sample by @Boxymusic gave me major Dilla - E=MC2 vibes, so that was the main inspiration. I also used @Buska’s beasty boys, @CCMP’s beatles, and @MattLxx’s talking sample.

Hope you guys like it. It’s way out of my usual comfort zone again, but I love the fact that these battles inspire me that way!

14 Likes

Here is my contribution.
Bukowski (@ViolentMeals) in atmospheric and Mercury (@Sherelle )in “bassline”.
Undoubtedly needed to work more on the rhythm and the integration of the voices
but I am preparing for the European championships of procrastination.
Do not see any disrespect in it.
Look forward to listening to you in peace, thank you.

10 Likes

Damn that’s one competition I could probably bring back some gold.
If I just had the time to register, that is.

3 Likes

No need to provoke myself, I would postpone the duel …

Thats really cool. The B side to O Superman was interesting too.

1 Like

I made couple of sketches but could not find time to contribute this time since there is some pretty big work stuff :frowning: looking forward to listening yall!

Here’s what I came up with… mix is definitely needing some work. My very first time working with the OT and it was super fun!

Gear used:

• Octatrack
  • Behringer Neutron for bass
  • plinky for leads
  • @new_drugs Tom’s Diner sample for vox
  • @Doug for cymbals and drum sounds
  • Cuckoo PO sample for Kick
  • Added Oliver Tree - Movemet acapella in Ableton

Acapella felt kinda last minute so sharing an instrumental too:

9 Likes

Really dug this one!

1 Like

:fire: this is dope!

1 Like

Okay, here’s my submission (glad I finally submitted one - on the third try). I used a sample from Eryka Badu’s On and On submitted by @audio2.0, well, sort of. I didn’t realize @audio2.0 submitted the acapella version, but I sampled the full version. It is what it is!

7 Likes

As per usual, there is a ridiculous amount of good stuff submitted so far. I will post the voting and feedback thread in the morning( pacific time) in order to give any stragglers in later time zones a chance to submit their beats.

5 Likes

@new_drugs Don’t hesitate to contact me to setup the poll :slight_smile:

If everyone can upload their track on SoundCloud, that would be nice: we could be creating a Playlist on Elektronauts radio for everyone to listen to!

3 Likes

Like in the collab ? A perfect module !

Voting thread is up. Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #3 - Voting and Feedback

Please let me know if I missed anyone’s submission or if anything doesn’t look right.

Thanks.

1 Like