Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #3 - Vocal Edition

Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #3 - Vocal Edition

Welcome to the 3rd edition of the Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle. This battle will be much like the first edition with the only new rule that vocals must be used in your track. This could be a full acapella verse, a melody, a melody chopped to pieces and reassembled to form something completely different, dialogue from movies/documentaries, someone reading poetry, your own vocals, etc. It just must include the human voice. I am also encouraging (but not requiring) participants to supply samples that emphasize vocals.

Here are the general rules/dates:

• Anyone who wants to join has to confirm in this thread by Friday, August 20. If you join, you have to supply a single sample for everyone else to use. This can be a youtube video, a link to a sample, or a sound file you’ve recorded yourself.
  • You cannot use the sample you posted in the thread.
  • The deadline for submitting your song is Sunday, August 29. You can submit the song in any format or on any platform, by posting it to this thread. You can only submit one single beat for the battle!
  • After this deadline we can judge each other by each giving a top 3, which of course excludes your own submission. Only people who participated can vote, and they’ll have to listen to each song. You’ll receive a point for each 3rd place, 2 points for each 2nd place, and 3 points for each first place vote you receive.
  • Please don’t post beat entries before the deadline for posting samples (8/20), as things will get confusing!

Here are the battle-specific rules:

• You must use vocals of some kind in your composition.
  • No restrictions on other instruments used.
  • Use at least one sample provided by someone else in the thread.

Here is my supplied sample:

15 Likes

Going to have a go at this if I can sort out the time.

And on that note, this is my suggested vocal sample (which I’ve raided on a few occasions in the past - I’m a sucker for his monotonotic babbling)

5 Likes

Nice concept!
This fits the bill, there’s open empty instrumental sections for your main sample and the sung vocal has that eerie vibe.

6 Likes

Miscellaneous Flux was from out of DC. They did kind of spoken word adjacent rap. They played live instruments. This was like 20 years ago now. I am old apparently.

9 Likes

Great concept!

Cos I’m from Liverpool, throwing this in;

9 Likes

holy moly, that was quick. nice setup, @new_drugs! thanks for putting it together.

here’s my sample choice. i’ll use this in something else. it’s tasty.

7 Likes

Ill give it a go again…

5 Likes

In!

3 Likes

This does not roll on Canadian internet :frowning:

1 Like

Here’s mine. Had a hard time choosing a sample to post, but I dig this tune.

6 Likes

I just discovered Tim Maia recently. Fantastic stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. It’s amazing. Plus, it has about everything you would ever need for a beat. I’m going to go have a listen to more of their catalog right now.

2 Likes

@Yabba Do you have another link for that? Looks to be region restricted. (Japan)

I feel like something amazing can come out of this.

7 Likes

didnt work for me either… PNW USA

pretty sweet. ed motta’s stuff is also awesome. i dig his new jack stuff.

1 Like

My Bad. Try this one.
Or search the track “fire and ice Demis Rousoss” I hope this one isn’t restricted outside the uk too

6 Likes

This one is working.

2 Likes

In!

8 Likes

One of the „boys“: Nick „Sonicstate“ Batt…

1 Like