Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #21 - Library Music

I started on something and it was going one way, then decided to try sampling something else that I wouldn’t have expected to go for or get anything good out of and ended up going a completely different direction

Then I had to go to work and later I ended up getting sidetracked in the weekly sample thread and ended up using some cuts from the breaks here so thanks for that.

When I get back to this I think I want to try sampling another one and see where it goes. Might just finish my sketch if I’m running out of time, but this is probably the first one of these I’ll make multiple tracks for. I can’t get over how much of a treasure trove this library music is.

Great job on the theme @flippantminister and I’m already getting hyped to listen to everyone’s beats

4 Likes

I only listened to a couple of albums.
I pretty much went for your method except I have this stupid thing about me where I avoid stuff that sounds too good as I assume someone else will use it.
Not sure if I’m keen on mine as a result but i’ll still enter as always

4 Likes

There are something like 300 LPs so I’d be amazed if anyone used the same thing.

4 Likes

O I agree, that’s why I said it was my stupid thing :joy:

Sample I used was still good, but I was avoiding things like the Vibes or The suspense albums as I figured those might be the ones people go to first

1 Like

Same here… only couple of days left till monday! :open_hands: => that’s the wu-tang sign in encouragement to all the last minute mando’s!

3 Likes

I retire for this time, too much work.Good luck !

3 Likes

And beat done and sent!

That has to be one of the laziest beats I’ve ever done, I’m kinda ashamed haha.

6 Likes

Sometimes the hardest thing is not to mess with it too much

(He says, still not done due to messing with it too much)

5 Likes

Hahaha, godspeed my man, last turn before the finish line!

2 Likes

I’ve just sent mine, looking forward to hearing them all

3 Likes

Hi all.
I have to skip this battle, I’m sorry but in these days I don’t have time.

See you in the next one!

4 Likes

Sent mine yesterday, looking forward to the listening session :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Just handed mine in, really enjoyed this one :grinning: :heart_eyes: :fire:

4 Likes

Hey y’all. I had some stuff come up this weekend. Would y’all mind if I turned mine in early tomorrow?

7 Likes

I’m cool with it as long as flippantminister and the rest of the crew don’t mind

2 Likes

I’m cool with it too. The more beats to listen to, the better.

2 Likes

Hey @Doug and everybody else- i actually scheduled this poorly, as I’ve got some travel over the next couple days. Let’s push the final due date back to Tuesday night- then I can get everything uploaded to Soundcloud Wednesday morning.

8 Likes

Hi y’all

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to squeeze in any music making time lately. I will def try and join the next one though!

Good luck everyone, looking forward to listening through your creations :blush:

4 Likes

@Doug man those drums you shared might have just become my new favorite toy, thanks man. :beers:

Actually thought that the deadline was tonight, so thanks for the extension @flippantminister and fun travels :muscle: Pressure cooking over here, but this is such a fun battle topic. I can’t wait to hear the next :fire: naught battle tape.

edit: yesterday, I mistakenly thought it was the Eddie Harris drums sample, which those are hot too (as well as the others)! It was actually @monquixote’s Downtown Boogie Woogie Band!

Frens

5 Likes

Hey folks, voting is open!

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/elektronauts-beat-battle-21-library-music-voting-and-feedback/

1 Like