Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #10: When We Were 10

Deal!

You know if someone wanted to do something like live play their chops over a whole ass drum track, that’d be dope. Someone go do it:

5 Likes

Are we allowed to p-lock the hell out of the 10 samples?

Bernard Purdie a monster drummer. His video about the Purdie shuffle make laught, cry and I want to sample the hell out of it one day!

3 Likes

Thanks for the link man, I love a good solo drums track, you ever heard of a band called bumps? If not check out this playlist, proper grimey drumming instrumentals… my personal fav is sniper growl…

5 Likes

Sounds like I’m going to have to restart with all these exceptions being added. … I even counted the noise floor as one sound source. Tc tc tc

Just not the start point

1 Like

Noise floor doesn’t flipping count😂

Edit: unless you used it for a hi-hat or something…

1 Like

Well I’ve spent the last hour trying to fix a minor imperfection in the way I’ve filtered something and now I wish I had left it alone.

Kind of reminds me of this

5 Likes

sounds like stuff MBM samples.

I really like the way the groove of this kind of rolls around. Really cool stuff

2 Likes

Finished and submitted. Tough rules, but I loved this one. Great fun listening to stuff from TV shows back in the day trying to find something. Left me feeling really good.

5 Likes

While I had a lot of fun listening to the old tv themes of Ovide (first choice), Ren and Stimpy (second choice), beavis and butthead, TMNT and some Dutch/Belgium classics (Boes Boes, Samson & Gert, Telekids) I did not find my flow with just the iPad (my Po33 broke in half :joy:)

As I know I will have too much on my hands the coming days (and two little kids with jet lags), I am sadly not going to make it in time.

I am looking forward to listening to all your stuff!

3 Likes

ha, i had a chat about ovide with someone the other night, one of those “did it really exist” cartoons.

2 Likes

Haha I watched Ovide (en zijn vrienden - in dutch) on youtube the other day… It’s very weird, there’s exploding eggs and stuff.

I think I shared this one as a sample for one of the first battles, but the dutch early 90’s kids show Purno de Purno is just too good not to share again. Yes, this was on Dutch tv back then, and yes, my parent let me watch it every week :joy:

4 Likes

WTF. That intro alone… for kids?! :joy:

Oh shit! Sorry to hear that.

2 Likes

Noooooo not the PO :sob: you will be missed my dude. Hope to see ya next battle :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sapperedosijo!

1 Like

Will def take part in the next one!

2 Likes

Yeah, it also had a character called the “De kietelaar” which is another word for clitoris :joy:

2 Likes