Elektronauts Hip Hop Battle #26 - Fab Four

Dear beatmakers,

on the occasion of the latest release (kind of) of a legendary band from liverpool and in honor of Danger Mouse and his fabulous mash up of the white and black album, we will sample the mighty Beatles this time around.

@flipinfantile brain stormed this idea and since I’m a beatles fanatic, I’m happy to be able to host this battle together with him.

Rules are simple:

• Your sample must contain at least one sample from a beatles song
  • Only beatles songs are allowed as sample source besides bass and drums
  • Your beat must contain at least one drum break provided in this very thread
  • Every participant is encouraged to post one drum break, it’s not a must though
  • You may add drum one shots, and any instrument/source to create basslines
  • You may add a Jay Z acapella, but NOT from the black album (full acapellas allowed this time)

Please provide a drum break until monday 13th of november.
Please submit the final beat until monday 27th of november (downloadable mp3 or wav via PM to @flipinfantile or @Unifono)

The following Beatles playlist looks very complete. We hope you enjoy this theme. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?app=desktop&list=PLYq_mcte9NvDA2Xi5Qjl1DrH5LuDKDlAI

15 Likes

As an absolute beatles fanatic, i love this idea.
great stuff, and kinda topical at the monent

5 Likes

Awesome concept @Unifono @flipinfantile, looking forward to this one, and already anticpating another massive tape!

Here’s a couple of breaks for @everyone (hopefully, not stale from past challenges), and may the musical spirits guide us all into juicy sound territory once again :beers:

7 Likes

Here’s my drum break

8 Likes
8 Likes

Nice theme for this one :metal:

Here is my drum break suggestion, start at 33’10 (cheers :clinking_glasses: )

10 Likes

Aw yeah, nice battle brief!

2 Likes

Will definitely try to hop in on this one, but life is being kinda hectic right now. Anyways, there’s a cool break at 0’54" in this that might be fun

7 Likes

Missed the last one, but gonna make this one!

My drum break is from the beginning of “Toloka” by WITCH (from “Lazy Bones”)

Bandcamp link if the video doesn’t load:

7 Likes

Here it is a distorted saturated drum break.

9 Likes

Hey ! It’s been a long time guys ! I’m back for this one with my faithful digitakt :wink:
here is my breakbeat :

8 Likes

Break starts around 1:36

9 Likes

I realize… i’m not really familiar with Jay-Z music, I only know 1 or 2 tracks from this guy. It’s not my kind of hip hop… please don’t judge me :sweat_smile:

Am I alone in this case?

4 Likes

me too
I only know the blueprint in parts and heard the danger mouse mashup of the beatles white album.

3 Likes

If theres a spectrum of musicians I love and ones I hate, the Beatles are at one end and Jay Z is at the other. Hes not a writer he’s a biter, he famously doesnt write down lyrics because he just repeats other peoples lyrics. Nas’ “Ether” goes into some other stuff about him

Check this out

check this out:
https://youtu.be/saJ7ZM7xL7s?si=qn_HI8RcoEjJksRp

3 Likes

I’ve never been a Jay Z fan.
Loved dead presidents but not much else.
I don’t dislike everything else, it’s just not essential to me

4 Likes

Ah, Okay! I have to admit, I never dug into this guy’s career. And so, I spend a lot of time in general looking for information about the artists I like. Know how and with whom they work.
When I see Jay-Z, I imagine more an entrepreneur than an artist… no offense.
Thanks for giving me some stuff about this guy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I try to stay open, there is always something to learn.
This is the acappela of “Dead President II” that I spotted for my track :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Ripe for the pickins too :joy:

1 Like

My favourite laugh, close behind chanel westcoast!

1 Like