Elektronauts Hip Hop Battle #26 - Fab Four - Voting & Feedback

The playlist is up!

Many thanks for creating these wonderful tracks that do proud to the Fab Four + Jay-Z + Danger Mouse + many guest artists + the Elektronauts crew!

There’s a compact selection of 10 beats battling it out this time, so we’re back to voting for a classic top three.

1st 3 points

2nd 2 points

3rd 1 point

And make sure to listen and take into consideration all the submitted tracks, please don’t forget the ones mentioned in the post below!

Since the number of entries is manageable and there might be space for one last blowout ’23 till infinity battle , let’s try to get our votes in before the start of the new week, so final day Sunday the 3rd of December!

14 Likes

Track 4 - Surfacescan - as a separate play. Please pause the SoundCloud playlist after track 3 and resume after this one has played!

Soundcloud’s algorithm thinks this one’s too hot! :fire:

And this track nr 10 as a bonus track to vote on!

7 Likes

Awesome artwork!

6 Likes

Fantastic artwork, looking forward to giving em a play when I get back home

5 Likes

I thought less entries would make choosing easier but having a proper first listen through I don’t think that’s gonna be the case :smile: Great tunes everyone.

7 Likes

The artwork is awesome indeed, thanks @flipinfantile :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Amazing playlist, level is very high!

6 Likes

These tracks sound amazing.
I‘m such a beatles junkey, but with some samples I have to think hard which track was used

6 Likes

You’ll have to name them all after the vote is over :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

I had a quick sneaky few seconds skip through them at work on my phone.
Sounds great :slightly_smiling_face:
I think there’s only one track where I’m not sure of the main sample used but I hope I can guess it when I listen through later

6 Likes

Awesome job @everyone! This is such a :muscle: list already wooo :partying_face: Haven’t had a full listen yet, but saving that for later tonight preferrably with some elixirs. Sweet cover @flipinfantile it looks official and thanks to you and @Unifono for setting up an interesting topic!

First beat is pretty menacing :scream_cat:

edit: couldn’t resist playing through holy moly guys insane beats and remixes. Track 5 is a K.O. :fury:

6 Likes

Just a quick listen and… wow! :heat:
The artwork is awesome too :heart:

6 Likes

Had a proper listen through twice now, I absolutely love them all except mine :joy:
I always find I don’t like mine till weeks later when I haven’t heard it for a bit.
Great stuff everyone and I’ll vote either this evening or tomorrow evening at the latest.

Also @aarb420 has put up a nice sample for those looking for a quick thing to chop and a bit of feedback

5 Likes

Track 1: Nice choice for the opener, beat matches his flow perfectly, although the aliasing on the drum sample kinda distracted me, dope transition!

Track 2: I liked the way you introduced the sample and then flipped it, I found myself waiting for the beat to drop though, just needed to be louder!

Track 3: Maybe a bit too abstract use of the Beatles catalog, love the off kilter broken flip, but I kinda want to recognize some tracks you used.

Track 4: Well this was fun! I suck at the “kitchen sink” style of sampling and always respect when someone really chops some sounds up and goes all in mixing them together. Nice hearing Beyoncé’s voice too.

Track 5: Nice palette cleanser for the B side… Really enjoyed this track, in fact I kinda forgot what was on while first listening to it and my brain went “hey those are Beatles samples!” If that was your intent then it worked perfectly!

Track 6: Solid intro, a boom bap beat would make DJ Premier proud! That piano flip is funky af.

Track 7: That guitar is probably my favorite chop on the playlist! It’s so dominate to the groove, maybe it would sound better in mono, felt a little stuck in my left ear, bassline is on point, this shit slaps!

Track 8: Top level production, the mix, the sounds, the samples, all sitting perfect together.

Track 9: Preach it John! Again really liked the transition to the second verse and how it has a different feel but still works. Nasty little bass synth.

Track 10: sorry, I won’t listen to it with out a contract. got to follow rules to play the game!

#1 Track 7
#2 Track 5
#3 Track 8

7 Likes

This is completely normal. It happens that, as time passes you become a different person: only at that point can you detach yourself from what you have composed and judge it impartially. Sometimes you have to wait even years before listening to your tracks with the right mindset.

Ok, I accept your sarcasm

2 Likes

I’ve just finished to listen the playlist, no doubt: the winner is @flipinfantile with the album cover. Best song for me is #4

1 Like

please choose a top 3 :+1:

2 Likes

Hot damn, it’s been a while since I looked into these battles. Just listened through the whole playlist. Absolutely insane.

Well done everybody!

7 Likes

Did you guys catch this? :rofl:

I didn’t… Is that a temporary suspension? How does that even work :joy: