Elektronauts Hip Hop Battle #20 - 007 Edition

warming up our fingers for this…

5 Likes
  • Bond , I have a new gadget for you.
  • What is this Q?
  • This is a pen turntable so you can sample erywhere you want !

5 Likes

Am I doing it right?

4 Likes

@Unifono I wanna make a start today, just wondering is the traditional John Barry James Bond theme fair game to incorporate, or would we have to wait to see if someone posts it first?

hmm.
To be honest, I would have zero problems if you use it. On the other hand, the rules say, that you only may use samples posted in this thread.
I would suggest that we just stick to the rules

Maybe the next poster could kindly share the original theme here :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Haha yeah that’s fine I’ll stick to the submissions. :slightly_smiling_face:
I just felt instinctively it would be strange for it to not appear on a Bond based thing

2 Likes

Is anyone making a playlist on youtube of all the submitted songs? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can do it

2 Likes

I changed my submission to accommodate the great @Yabba.

Plus, I think its an important element that should be available as a call back, just like how its alluded to in every theme.

Its a much better pick for my choice, hope its the right version… let me know the best one.

2 Likes

Oooooh fun.

and the break(starts immediately)-

5 Likes

I already had my sample picked… now I think I need to wait until the deadline passes, because I changed my mind twice already today.

2 Likes

I start when everyone has submitted.
There may be still nice samples in the line

3 Likes

Good call… I think I’m going to wait till then to even listen to the list, because I always start building as I listen, and those tend to be the best ideas, the ones off the jump.

Which is opposite how I do things, because I like to be proactive and have a plan… but this whole music making endevor is all about letting go and following your gut (I was going to say heart, but that sounded soft as shit, and I have daddy issues)

3 Likes
6 Likes

I think most people do to some varying degree, man. Not trying to overstep, but it’s the system/machine people should be mad at though, and not pops. Also, and RIP, “It’s often easier for one to give advice than it is for a person to run one’s own life” - Guru, from “You Know My Steez”

1 Like

Haha… cant be mad at someone you never met.

Maybe he’s a double 0 spy?

1 Like

Hahaha who know’s these days, man, everyone’s undercover like in Brazil :rofl:

My brother-in-law’s dad (RIP he was my only smoking buddy at family events) used to have a Greek friend that was in their equivalent MI6, and one of his stories was that while he was on a job/doing recon (forget where), but apparently he used to go to sleep with his head at the foot of the bed/opposite end. One night, he got ambushed by locals and they shot at his feet, but he lived to tell the story, the other guy, not so much. :shushing_face:

3 Likes

This thread needs more spy stories as inspo!!

1 Like

The song

The drum break

3 Likes

Yo! Is it too late to drop my samples in?

& the break

2 Likes