Elektronauts Beat Battle #11: As far back as I can remember I wanted to be a Gangster #HipHop

Agreed. Also, I think we should just not do the poll. Most people wrote about their choices anyway.

Also, cool idea!

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: love it! Very fitting because this movie has been sampled countless times in some classic hip hop shit!! Most definitely going to try to get something in for this one if I get some extra time!!

2 Likes

Ok I’m gonna try my best to remember to do this this month :triumph:

2 Likes

We can sample the movie for the music? Not only the speech?

I think the idea is that we use the list provided in the thread, rather than taking snippets of music from the actual film, it’s a level playing field that way cos everybody has exactly the same source material to work with… @Yabba can clarify for you…

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything in the film that isn’t in the list so I guess that would be ok if you want to get the atmospherics from the movie in there too as long as it’s a song used in the movie.

Although if it’s incidental score music like some sustained string at a dramatic moment in the film, I would say no

2 Likes

I’ve got a crazy idea for this one…and since I got next Monday off…

2 Likes

okay i do one without the score :skull_and_crossbones:

I’m actually about 50 percent done, got my beat, chops and acapella sorted, just gotta find some dialogue and tiny flourishes to fill it all out… I really didn’t think I’d be able to get a beat out of the material but I’m pleasantly surprised that I did… kudos @Yabba for making me sweat it…

2 Likes

So @Yabba I’m more or less finished but I’ve hit a snag… I’m 30 seconds over…:man_facepalming: can I still submit it or are we playing hard ball?

And for the rest of you guys here’s some links to a YouTube channel with all the quotes from goodfellas…

1 Like

Sorry Bro, I think we should stick to the limit. if it was a second or two that would be ok of course but 30 seconds is a bit much.

Plus it would kinda be obvious which beat is yours if we allowed that now haha

Bugger… oh well, I’ll post it after the battle then, I don’t really want to submit something I’m not happy with and I definitely don’t want to be unfair to anyone else :+1:I’ll sit this one out…

Nah there’s definitely no need for that, just make a 3 minute or less version.
I submit stuff I’m not happy with all the time haha

4 Likes

homie, you can totally cut a little here and there. we believe in you!

3 Likes

Yeah I’ll have to miss the last verse, I’ll just do an abridged version, I’ll still throw the complete beat up after the battle is done cos the acapella deserves it…

6 Likes

3 minutes being maximum and it not being necessary to use a whole acapella as the emphasis is on the beat, is kind of the conclusion we already came to in private message before the battle was posted up.

But yeah do that :+1:t2:

2 Likes

double time the vocals for chipmunk effect. the acapella i’m using so far has verses of about 16 bars, which may be too long. we shall see.

1 Like

I’m done. I might try to make a few more.

5 Likes

I‘m done too.
Inspiring sample sources…
I‘m on vacation the next two weeks so this was just in time :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Doug @Unifono how do you do it so fast and easy?

I’m very new to the world of sampled music but I spent the afternoon playing with my Digitakt and a dozen of samples from the playlist. I deleted my projects three times…now I have a sort of beat that seems to work, but probably tomorrow I will throw it away. :slight_smile:
I need to learn how to sample a song…I’m used to one-shot-sample…

I have to say that this battles are a good way to learn…
:pray:

ema

3 Likes