Elektronauts Beat Battle #11: As far back as I can remember I wanted to be a Gangster #HipHop

For this battle we thought we would combine it with a tribute to the late great Ray Liotta.

it’s time to put your shinebox away and get to grips with the Goodfellas soundtrack.
One beat per entry and you can sample any track or tracks used in the movie Goodfellas for your beat.

you must also include a snippet of Ray Liotta dialogue in your beat, the dialogue can be used as an intro/outro or anywhere in-between, that’s up to you.

Drums as per usual can be from any source.

As an added bonus your beat can include an acapella or verse of your choice, preferably of the more gangster variety in-keeping with the topic, I’ve kept that optional as you might prefer to use dialogue from the movie within your beat.
but there is nothing to stop you using both.

Main Bullet points of dos and donts

• beat maximum length 3 minutes.

• Never rat on your friends

• No virtual instruments except for bass.

• You wasted 8 fukin aprons on this guy

• Goodfellas soundtrack music only

• Funny how?

• Goodfellas dialogue must be included

• You insulted him a little bit

• Anything Goes with drums

Please post your beat in a private message to @sleepyhead by friday 17th June in readiness for the blind vote on soundcloud.

Thanks to @Symian & @Sleepyhead for your help, and here’s the full list of songs used in the full soundtrack which should all be searchable on YouTube

Any questions feel free to ask.

Ok, I’m going to get the papers… get the papers

23 Likes

@looms
@Doug
@rockpapergoat
@emadb
@Maisin
@Penz413
@PineappleDave
@rennweg
@Kpucski

1 Like

@xyzer
@Jedilicious
@Sleepyhead
@waftlord
@Roman01
@DimensionsTomorrow
@drrumble
@Synu

@phaelam
@FNKSTRNG
@LyingDalai
@tinara
@Daevlor
@CCMP
@sezare56
@infovore
@Claid
@TheGhostCat

1 Like

@the_PMO
@new_drugs
@Affectionate-Bee-781
@NeonMelk
@woops
@garfield
@Boxymusic
@sndrsklr
@blaize

@Blasted_pingin
@eerieacid
@Unifono
@surfacescan
@tinara

Very cool. :slightly_smiling_face: Love Goodfellas. RIP Ray

1 Like

Awesome! Did I miss the end result of the last battle somehow?

2 Likes

That one was wound up a couple of days ago on this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ah! Congrats :slight_smile: I am on a bit of a screen time diet, so I missed that.

Def going to try to submit something again for this one.

3 Likes

I’ve just found a playlist on YouTube that seems to have all tracks covered at first glance so I hope that’s a help if you haven’t found it already

7 Likes

I really wish I were better at production. Hip hop production and sample use is pretty foreign to me (not a total dumb dumb but I know nothing of techniques etc.). Definitely have the tools but not the techniques.

This assignment/battle is on point! Such of fan of this movie and actor. Can’t wait to hear what people put together!

4 Likes

This is such a cool theme for a battle! Great job guys, can’t wait to get started on this.

3 Likes

Placing this here because it’s my favorite use of the “as far back as I can remember” sample.

1 Like

i’m in if you agree, the show is on Netflix so easy to sample with good quality…

1 Like

Of course, all are welcome.

I have added the hashtag #hiphop to the thread description, my bad for missing that off but as long as you’re presenting a hip hop beat as your submission, anybody is welcome

1 Like

I only know how to make hip hop :rofl: thx :pray:

2 Likes

Haha no worries, I felt the need to point it out for anybody that may wanna join in as I missed it off.

Sounds like a fun one, I’ll give it a try!

2 Likes

Did you miss the voting as well? I think the entire voting thread was hidden or something right? Maybe we should just make it a public thing next time or will that mess up the polls?

1 Like