Elektronauts 2.0

is coming next week, according to the newsletter:

“next week we’ll roll out a completely new Elektronauts for you all to indulge in. Everything is new, from the technical framework to the visual design. The result is a considerably improved forum experience”

1 Like

Fingers crossed it fixes all the bugs and issues, can’t be worse then this, can it? This is far and away the worst forum I frequent by a very long margin (Sorry Elektron dudes/dudettes who built this)

Hopefully they’ve gone with something a bit more “vanilla” like phpBB or vBulletin or something; not my area of expertise, I don’t have one, so I’ll let the web gurus pipe in.

What about my 1,557 odd posts full of useless shite? :stuck_out_tongue:

Couple weeks ago somebody found it and posted a link to it.
Looks nice, seems simple, and it had all the same info you see here pretty much.
Same threads etc.

They took that thread down right after it was posted so I didn’t get too much time with it.

Would be a good / opportune time to merge some forums.

I hope we get lots of funny emoticons. Fingers crossed for a dancing penguin.

Fuck yeah, I’ll countersign that.

I’d be happy if they just fixed the spam issue and the disappearing post after typing a long reply bug.

Hope they change server too 56k all the way here

sadly it looks like you might get your wish … however, emoticons are the f*****g death knell for culture, communication and civilisation :angry:
This : ) This :slight_smile: & This :+1: are just about tolerable … everything else is just awful beyond description and frankly a tragedy … inexcusable after puberty basically :wink:
not a fan !

sadly it looks like you might get your wish … however, emoticons are the f*****g death knell for culture, communication and civilisation :angry:
This : ) This :slight_smile: & This :+1: are just about tolerable … everything else is just awful beyond description and frankly a tragedy … inexcusable after puberty basically :wink:
not a fan ![/quote]

and
Disagree

^ :slight_smile:

What would really be good would be a world class user patch & sample library to upload and store stuff. One that maybe gave you points for each good upload so the more you contributed the more you’d be able to download or similar.

yeah, a browser based tagged kit builder with some sort of mp3 sample option in the list. Select what you want into slots and hit download, and a sysex file appears on your desktop.

I’m on the fence about the emoticon stuff. Shit is ridiculous over at muffwiggler. Scrolling through 13 pages of nothing but emoticon responses. Awesome! And the kitchen spam has been going on since the electron-user days. It’s random, and I don’t see that as being in elektrons control really.

As far as the deleted posts, I’ve just been copying my text before hitting the post button.

I like the shared sample library idea. Not sure they’ll go for it, considering they sell sample packs and all.

let’s hope there will be less complaining :wink:

edit: wouldn’t count on less emoticons, in fact brace yourself: emojis are taking over the world innit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I didn’t find it; it found me!

It sent me an automated notification that someone (on the test version of the forum) had responded to a post of mine ( a small selection of posts from here had seemingly been copied to the test version). So I checked it out, and checked with Elektron to see if it was some kind of phishing attack.

It will appear familiar to some of you.

The test version is up, if you only know where to look.

:wink:

The blood-defecating cloud from Muffs, the facepalm smiley from gearslutz… Let’s get the best of all possible worlds, I say.

Fingers crossed it fixes all the bugs and issues, can’t be worse then this, can it? This is far and away the worst forum I frequent by a very long margin (Sorry Elektron dudes/dudettes who built this)

Hopefully they’ve gone with something a bit more “vanilla” like phpBB or vBulletin or something; not my area of expertise, I don’t have one, so I’ll let the web gurus pipe in.

What about my 1,557 odd posts full of useless shite? :P[/quote]

It’s using established forum software that I recognise from another synth-related site. It will be much better than the current software.

I infer (I have no inside information) that they will be able to migrate all the existing Elektronauts content to the new format.

yeah it’s like turbomidi enabled compared to this mess

1 Like

10x