Elektronaughts Hip Hop Battle #23 - Love is Light and Light is Free

Nice! They way Dilla flipped that break was brilliant. I might use that one for my track

1 Like

I found this playlist with a bunch of good stuff that fits the type of beats we seem to go for:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3SYTP_olz23mmVijEHtab9_iaL2df0xv

4 Likes

Quick question: Deadline is listed as Sunday August 12, but Sunday is August 13th. Which day is right?

1 Like

Everyday, is the answer you are in search of, friend :older_man:

3 Likes

Sunday the 13th!

2 Likes

How’s it going @everyone ?

Need more time?

4 Likes

An extension would help me for sure. (If I’m the only one, no worries. I can catch the next battle)

2 Likes

No problem, I’m a bit behind too, got the beat done but haven’t finished it.

2 Likes

Sent mine in couple minutes ago. Good luck finishing everyone!

4 Likes

Just sent mine in too. Thank god for sundays :grin:

5 Likes

I won’t be submitting a track for this battle. My mind and heart have been preoccupied with life, leaving little energy for music. However, I’m still looking forward to listening to the awesome beats y’all concocted.

4 Likes

Ok so I have tracks from @aarb420 @surfacescan @1-2 @Ooly @muzka @flipinfantile
please let me know if I missed anyone so far.

Waiting for @sleepside

@Doug @FNKSTRNG, you guys got anything?

Also who do I talk to to get the playlist up on soundcloud?

2 Likes

I got it mostly done but I didn’t wind up finishing it yesterday.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I hope that all of you are doing well. I am def. gonna listen to all your submissions, and after lots of turbulence in life (both positive and negative) I am def gonna try to participate again next time.

Great theme btw!

4 Likes

Sorry malus_mons, I couldn’t get it together. Looking forward to hearing what you and the rest of the crew got up to, though!

2 Likes

sigh :frowning:

1 Like

I had to travel and could not get anything done.

2 Likes

in HHBB #19 I remember @Doug solved it by just putting up a zip file on Google drive as a stopgap measure, and then later the soundcloud list was put up.

2 Likes

@malus_mons I’m back from my break today complete with the misery of returning to work tomorrow

With regards to Soundcloud I’ll forward the message I sent to the last host to give you the details…

Edit: sent now… If you could forward it to whoever hosts the next one when you have a winner, that’ll save them having to ask nearer the time for the next one.
I guess that’ll be the best way to avoid this in future

3 Likes

Alright @everyone, the playlist is up:

3 Likes