Elektron tweakers union event. Brighton U.K. Dec 5th

Hi All,

the event that has shaped up through http://www.facebook.com/groups/elektron.tweakers.union/ currently looks like this:

LIVE Elektron (alphabetical):

Calc, Dataline, Frank Found, Lofi Freq, Moluh, Monochord, Pawnsphinx,

The event is to be at http://www.komedia.co.uk/brighton/information/venue/komedia-studio/ which is around 150 capacity and has a good in house club system.

Event will run from 11pm - 3am.

Whether the event will be free entry or chargeable depends on the success of a proposed crowd funding project.

This will be outlined in detail soon, along with our ideas to bring users from other areas by paid (crowd funded) mini bus or coach.

Looking forwards to this
I live in Brighton.

Just asked to join the fb page so I can follow this.
When could this happen?

I’m quite looking forward this too. Should be a Doozer of a night.

149 people in a minibus? You’re going to have to sit on each others laps.

dpgood you can walk.

The crowd funding ideology:

Through crowd funding we will hopefully pay for the expenses of the artists involved in the project. This will include air fares, and hotels but will not include:

large sums of money for playing, fast cars, fine cigars, vintage champagne, etc…

We will also pay for the venue and any advertisement deemed necessary.

We will also pay for mini bus hire from designated areas if there is a representative(s) to organise at given locations.

The event will be FREE to attend, thus the end party will be a FREE party paid for by the crowd funding project! (hopefully)…

I project the figure for the event under discussion to be approximately £1000 - £1500. It may be more depending on bus hire etc.

It is not a huge target for so worthy a cause! :slight_smile:

:+1:

Done!

:+1:

We’ll organise maxi buses instead! :joy:

can’t wait to be part of this event :+1:

all back to mine for the after party?

Very interested to come share some tunes and show my OT work to the group.

My Tunes

As Lofi is based in the U.S. he would be our only non EU user. It enlarges the scope of the project to enable such transatlantic crossings, so I am prepared to give him my space if we can work out the budget to include his travel and accommodation costs.

So, what we need next are expenses.

What is covered:

Artist travel costs (cheapest available option for now), artist accommodation (reasonable allowance for hotel stay). Maybe some food, and drink if there is anything over :slight_smile:

This is quite bare bones but if the target for a crowd funding project is to cover executive class flights and top grade hotels etc then I don’t think we’re going to make it.

The thinking is that if a small crowd funding project can reach its target it would show that such a project is possible and appreciable to a good amount of people.

The bus hire idea comes in to make sure there are attendee’s at the venue and to open the project further by offering something actual to the people donating.

If anyone has any idea’s or comments on this side of the project please let us all know here :+1:

:slight_smile: :+1:

Ha ha… Brighton! :joy:

Yey! An Elektron event in my home town! I’m coming :slight_smile: !

Ground costs:

Venue hire: £180

This is pretty much it from me. I live in Brighton so no real travel or accommodation expenses.

Other possible expenses:

Local flyer/poster/on line campaign: £350 - £500 (if using one).

PR campaign: Approx £500 (if using one).

Realistically we can dispense with promo and PR and focus on getting people via ‘bus routes’ as the venue is only 150 capacity.

Approximate bus hire costs: Pretty difficult to gauge at this stage, may have to wait till we have some more definite numbers (of people wishing to attend).

So, need the acts to add their approximate costs and then we can discuss the viability of the target amount.

This probably will be epic night :slight_smile: always wanted to see brighton!

Damn, was just there visiting my sister. Brighton is such a cool city!