Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

I heard that it is basically done and ready for market. Elektron is just stripping away Songmode and then it will be ready to sell.

27 Likes

lolll

Actually I decided to wait for the Retrokits rk008…

2 Likes

We have some serious solid amount of jokes in this thread …

1 Like

I do wish they’d make a true hybrid synth and sampler. I have no idea what a Syntakt could be based on their current line-up.

So far the only thing we know for shure: Cats will probably like it …

see Cats

2 Likes

…only thing that’s solid beyond many of the more logical and solid reasonable guessing here is the fact that syntakt won’t sample…

too much undiscovered sonic terretory is still waiting behind too many lines of pure code and naked dsp power…
while no company would start some next competetor on their own actual productline…
since takt is still doing fine…and so is the ot…if u need sampling, there are ur further swedish options…

but i’m pretty confident that some of the fx blox/machines for the syntakt will cover one of the most beautiful sonic colours i’ve ever experienced…ot’s comb filter won’t be forgetten…

oops…that’s making sense instead of further top notch fun beyond…soooorrryyyyyyy…

but hey…“LFO JUICE” alone was worth the last 300 posts… :wink:

2 Likes

in other words… it’s definitely going to sample

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s at all clear or logical that a new device won’t sample even if we assume that they don’t want overlap. If it’s a digital drum synthesizer, I’d say it’s pretty logical to assume that it would at least be able to load short samples.

And there is plenty of space in the line or on the market more broadly for a new poly synth that can do interesting things with samples, especially if it’s paired with an Elektron sequencer.

4 Likes

…whatever u say goys and birls…and whatever makes this thread more spread… :wink:

but for the logics sake again…do u really wanna have the xtra mile of deep diving, once u gotto deal with sample storage logistics, if that would be implemented on top of all the options that are already laid out pretty uberobvios…?

that’s just the nature of the beast when sampling innit

Well what ever they release next, when ever that happens, im gonna buy it 2 yrs later, when they sort out all the bugs and include the second LFO

6 Likes

Ha, it does make you think if it’s part of the game plan for certain updates to include things planned all along. Fair enough for new things in the sequencer like trig probabilities that eventually make their way to all current boxes but the second filter and LFO are critical to how good the DT is (finally) right now.

2 Likes

It’s definitely part of the game it’s just im not playing it. I have other boxes to make me busy for a lifetime at least

5 Likes

Yeah, and if we get a way to save pattern chains, it’s only going to cause reactions like why the fuck wasn’t this in the machine from day one :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Exactly but I’m only now considering to buy a DN but just so my Mnm can take a break; I’m not expecting it to be better, just a bit fresh with a familiar sequencer

1 Like

i think this will be a good solution for my setup too. looks great

Whatever they build if its a digital drum synth and it can‘t sample…no way. Every tiny whatever can sample today. Machinedrum can, rytm can, op1 can, op-z can, roland boxes at least have samples, the erica synth lxr 02 can layer some samples. So if elektron would build something that cant….good luck selling.

1 Like

Digitone can’t sample :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Model:Cycles has entered the chat :slight_smile:

But in all seriousness, it depends on how good those drum engines are in the first place. Pulsar can’t sample and I would get that in a heartbeat if I could afford it. Plus, lots of people already have a sampler on hand.