Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

It’s definitely part of the game it’s just im not playing it. I have other boxes to make me busy for a lifetime at least

5 Likes

Yeah, and if we get a way to save pattern chains, it’s only going to cause reactions like why the fuck wasn’t this in the machine from day one :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Exactly but I’m only now considering to buy a DN but just so my Mnm can take a break; I’m not expecting it to be better, just a bit fresh with a familiar sequencer

1 Like

i think this will be a good solution for my setup too. looks great

Whatever they build if its a digital drum synth and it can‘t sample…no way. Every tiny whatever can sample today. Machinedrum can, rytm can, op1 can, op-z can, roland boxes at least have samples, the erica synth lxr 02 can layer some samples. So if elektron would build something that cant….good luck selling.

1 Like

Digitone can’t sample :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Model:Cycles has entered the chat :slight_smile:

But in all seriousness, it depends on how good those drum engines are in the first place. Pulsar can’t sample and I would get that in a heartbeat if I could afford it. Plus, lots of people already have a sampler on hand.

Digitone isn‘t a drum synth. Model: cycles can‘t either :wink:

1 Like

Please don’t be another sampler :pray:

6 Likes

You got a point. But being able to mix the sample in one machine like in the rytm is unbeatable

3 Likes

It’s still a part of every tiny whatever heheh

I hope its a handheld device

portable, battery, 20 lfo’s & songmode :+1:

2 Likes

I used to think that but I find the base sounds not very inspiring in Rytm and prefer the far more focused sampling of Digitakt nowadays. Anyway, Rytm is an expensive machine and if Syntakt is going to be a Digi model like I suspect, I imagine it’ll be a pure drum synth without any sampling so as to not crossover with Digitakt too much and take away sales from their most popular product.

3 Likes

The description of the trademark only mention musical instrument, synthesis, and fx related phrases, no mentioning of drums what so ever unlike both model: boxes.

So i’m leaning towards something synthy but not drummy

That said i can lean all i want in any direction i want and they’ll release whatever they feel like releasing when they feel like releasing 🤷🏻

1 Like

A digital drum synthesizer in the DIGI-formfactor would be insta-buy for me. Hell, just use the Digitakt firmware and replace the SRC-page with a SYN-page (with selectable machines like AR does). SYNTAKT, there you go.

I loved the straight-to-the-point drum engines in both M:C and AR where I could just start a sequence and then tweak parameters within a pre-defined configuration as I jammed on, istead of having to pause and search for samples that work for what I want. I like the idea of sampling, but for jamming I prefer synth-engines.

There are a few drum synths with sequencers out there, sure. But they usually lack in sound, flexibility, workflow, effects, individual outs (overbridge) or portability. Areas where the DIGI-boxes excel.

1 Like

It’s kinda sad to me that so many people greatly prefer Mnm to DN!
I’m one of those people so i understand why but it’s a loss for Elektron. I totally understand why Autechre, Sophie and Thom Yorke and such used Mnm a lot and loved it. Ok, Autechre moved ahead from hardware but still can’t imagine them using a DN today or even 10 yrs ago.
To succeed like that again, Elektron should firstly understand what made Mnm (and MDuw) so special, and I’m not sure they have, they kinda lost it. They’re still better than the rest in many ways but new players are here, really good ones too.
So, to play the game competently again they need to offer something a bit more interesting this time
imo

9 Likes

I also prefer MnM to DN, but DT is tied in my heart with MD.

Maybe I’ve just loved Elektron’s approach to sampling and drum machines moreso than proper synthesis.

MnM was a weird inclusion because it was easy to make something quirky.

1 Like

I have no hopes of a cool machine in the near future giving the track record of the last month and years. So lets wait and see

1 Like

I tend to agree with you in many ways. one thing I do think the modern units have going for them is faster workflow & more sweetspot which is good.
I’d love to see them take that knowledge n apply it to a more complex fleshed out unit in the vein of MD MnM OT, but expanding on their lineage (live resampling, freely assignable lfo’s, neibour tracks, songmode etc) rather than removing those amazing areas altogether.

1 Like

You’re hired!

8 Likes