Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

It’s obviously a combination of SysEx and Kontakt. Elektron have teamed up with NI to create a box with Kontakt inside. You can program SysEx messages with it and assign those to keys and it will send the SysEx information to Kontakt when playing the keys.

(sorry, if this joke has already been made, didn’t want to scroll through 1000+ posts)

10 Likes

it’s funny how before the 1k mark posts still tried to speculate, now its just memes and giggles

2 Likes

How long it has usually taken for Elektron to announce a product after Trademark filing?

Seven.

9 Likes

That has varied over the years, they’ve even registered after the announcement at times i think. So that’s not a very good metric unfortunately

I think we’re in for a wait, discussion only flared up now as someone decided to check if they were up to something just before knobcon/superbooth, but the new found trademark was already a month and a half old

2 Likes

They may never announce because they are often just placeholders lol.

Anyone else loving their Model: Beats, Model: Grooves, Model: Drums, Digistrike and Soundwave from 2019?

9 Likes

Whatever it is, it seems unlikely that anything will be announced until after the model series sale they have going this month.

My dad was the production designer of Robocop and Total recall, and was a good friend of Paul! He’s got some stories…

33 Likes

Strong first post to the forum! :+1: Welcome!

12 Likes

synth beat

prolly an analog machine in the takt size.

3 Likes

Ooh, the Power Handle post has been moved below the DT 1.30 update on the News page. Possible announcement incoming? Syntakt or Digitone update?

I would guess no announcements until the end of Models sales

1 Like

Hehe. I know. It is Wednesday tomorrow tho :smiley:

3 Likes

Damn, September flew by

1 Like

Totally. My money is on a Digitone update v v soon, which will then appear next to the Digitakt update on the news page. Syntakt in either October (after the sale) or early next year, with a week of hype videos beforehand.

6 Likes

The one thing I can almost guarantee is the DN update will come a day after I sell my DN.

19 Likes

Please go ahead and sell it!

15 Likes

I sold mine a couple weeks ago to help you all out. To no avail, apparently.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for the digitone update to lower the led brightness. I need my eyes in good shape for the syntakt non-tweakable brightness. :ok_hand:

7 Likes