Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

Can someone summarize the 1,090 posts in this thread for me? I can’t read it all. I have kids.

8 Likes

Largely speculative. :wink:

4 Likes

Lamp Here’s the secret: if you read the first letter of every post it spells out the full specs of the syntak. Devs and mods have been making edits secretly.

9 Likes

Ah thanks. So it’s an Overhub MK2. Got it.

7 Likes

Ok let it flow. Let’s reach 6581 posts and than freeze this thread for celebration of the SIDstation redo called
„Syntakt“!
It will be a remake of the SIDstation in Digi format, with four FPGASID ( https://www.fpgasid.de/ ), modern Elektron sequencer and a large OLED in C64 blueish.

2 Likes

it’s not a synth … its a syntax-logic elektron sequencer on steroids.
conditional trigs are for kids…

(as similarly already speculated above …)

3 Likes

What makes you think that those links are related to Elektron and a new product ?

If syntakt = syntax then digitakt = digitax, which must be the name of the forthcoming SaaS model.

2 Likes

Oh great…Elektrons starting a government.

Though, taxes are the MOST successful subscription model. Smart move, I hate it

2 Likes

We were warned

7 Likes

Wowee, 1100 posts and still no word about what this thing even is.

My two cents worth of speculation: it’s an 8 voice VA machine in a DT/DN style chassis. OR it’s an analog/digital hybrid of some kind. That’s all I got.

3 Likes

Some people treat Paul Verhoeven like a B movie director, but RoboCop and starship troopers are brilliant, and total recall too. The original was much better than the attempt to remake it.

Edit: oh those three are your holy sci-fi trinity, I assume. Just read back a bit further.

(I stopped reading this thread 700 posts ago but just caught up with the last few colon-holding posts … Still just baseless speculation I see!)

8 Likes

It is just a synth in Digi format😉

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure only Percival and Galahad will ever know what Syntakt really is.

1 Like

It’s obviously a combination of SysEx and Kontakt. Elektron have teamed up with NI to create a box with Kontakt inside. You can program SysEx messages with it and assign those to keys and it will send the SysEx information to Kontakt when playing the keys.

(sorry, if this joke has already been made, didn’t want to scroll through 1000+ posts)

10 Likes

it’s funny how before the 1k mark posts still tried to speculate, now its just memes and giggles

2 Likes

How long it has usually taken for Elektron to announce a product after Trademark filing?

Seven.

9 Likes

That has varied over the years, they’ve even registered after the announcement at times i think. So that’s not a very good metric unfortunately

I think we’re in for a wait, discussion only flared up now as someone decided to check if they were up to something just before knobcon/superbooth, but the new found trademark was already a month and a half old

2 Likes

They may never announce because they are often just placeholders lol.

Anyone else loving their Model: Beats, Model: Grooves, Model: Drums, Digistrike and Soundwave from 2019?

9 Likes