Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

I’m sorry for being selfish, but I choose psychic powers.

2 Likes

great, thanks :joy:

1 Like

OT has already 24 tracks, that would be a bitter end to end up with only 16 after all this suspense :rofl:
Although since they seem to shrink more and more their products maybe they could produce a Sans-Tact, a very raw machine with 2 tracks, no FX but with Midi arp integrated and a joystick to produce notes randomly. Comes with flashing light ball.

Semi-serious prediction coming.

Looking at the evolution of Elektron gear from Machinedrum to the Model series and everything in between, I think what Elektron has always been moving toward is the ideal balance of simplicity and power in a self-contained, pattern-based music production machine. Given the name “syntakt” the most likely thing, in my opinion, is a more fully realized synthesizer-groovebox that can produce either percussion or synth sounds, like the Analog 4, Model Cycles or Digitone, but with a broader synthesis model, and a workflow more optimized for quick pattern creation. Perhaps it could feature multiple software models, or perhaps it will be a return to analog. Maybe one of the models (the flagship you could say) could be an advanced, transistor-modeling virtual analog engine. Of course it would make sense to place emphasis on expressive controls, in order to take advantage of the synthesis. A layered sampling engine like the Analog Rytm’s but with added support for nicely time-stretched stereo loops would fit in with the “takt” (“rhythm”) ethos.

I’m just speculating that the hole Elektron has yet to fill is a machine that weds the sonic palette of Analog 4 (and maybe FM/PM too) with sampling and percussion-oriented synthesis. In short, the perfect groovebox.

One more prediction. I think this machine would be designed to be as expressive as possible while remaining within a medium price target. In that case software-based synthesis is a given and it wouldn’t have a wealth of tracks (8 seems reasonable), but it would have more polyphony than tracks, and the form factor may be large-ish, perhaps Analog series. No pressure sensitive pads but perhaps an Octatrak slider (or an XY pad?) and oversized traditional trig buttons with velocity sensitivity.

BTW, I’m not sure if I’m just describing my ideal groovebox because I don’t necessarily want this. I want an Elektron device on the expensive side that isn’t limited to 64-step patterns and has MPC-sensitive pads with aftertouch but maintains the Elektron method of editing, and total freedom to do anything while the sequencer is playing. But I’d be excited about the Syntakt and interested in checking it out if it turned out to be something like what I described.

11 Likes

That actually sounds great.

this

by the way does anybody else know which has sold more Units for Elektron between the Model Samples and the Model Cycles, and between the Digitakt and Digitone?

2 Likes

Don’t know the numbers obviously but I think it’s been semi-officially stated (or at least admitted) that the Digitakt is the best-selling Elektron of all time.

My guess is the M:C has sold more than the M:S. Then again, the M:S might be the sort of device that is “quietly successful” as it’s maybe not a piece people would be raving about but still gets the job done. Still, I tend to see a lot more M:C’s on this forum than M:S’s (in Your Setups etc.).

I wonder as I’ve always felt like the MC is a little more focused but seems like the MS is more flexible… could be my bias cause I love the MS, but I have both

I think Digitakt has sold more units than all other 3 you mentioned

I have the Model Cycles and still like it but i am not sure the Models series has been a fully successful product.

1 Like

This is something I’d also be interested in. MPC style linear sequencing with the OT’s sample mangling abilities. It’s like nobody thought, “hey let’s put the AR and OT in one box and give it better pads”…

2 Likes

maybe not, with the handle issues etc… but damn if the model samples isn’t already a classic in my opinion, I don’t know of a a doper beat machine for 200 bucks… I think these will be rare like the sampletrak one day down the line especially if they didn’t produce and sell a lot of them

even if you only looked at it like a sequencer, it’s the coolest little sequencer for the money

1 Like

Wow @delikinesis, thanks for sharing that! In before Elektron forces you to redact.

Lol wut

Wtf

ok, what did he/she/they say!?

5 Likes

Now its your duty to repeat what was said! Come on, we’re dyin here! :rofl: :wink:

“They” get rid of everyone who talks about it.
Be careful, it’s time to use coded language,
or to meet where you know… :male_detective:

2 Likes

1 Like

Pitch bend confirmed!

2 Likes

Wait.

So now there is a spoon?

4 Likes