Elektron Stands - Yes or No

I’d be more interested in something like the 3D wave stands but with more of a solid base. I really just want stands while I’m working in the studio to help with the ergonomics. Something that would make it easy to detach from the devices, or that folds up so that transport is still pretty easy.

1 Like

I have zerack’s and I can only recommend them. I have a 3-tier rack which isn’t mountable but has a wooden supports for the units. So you don’t have to screw it back in and out if you want to move your elektrons around. Which I like to do. Working another space once in a while can be fun.

1 Like

i guess the most important thing is a sold base and feeling of instrument integration as regards weight distribution on the angles of the meeting places betwixt the the instrument, that which the stand ends have now become a part of, and the surface standing upon.

hmmm yes moving … the logistics of the prep, the pack and get ready phase of going to a gig …

maybe a single stand for an elektron unit is okay to leave screwed in if driving to a gig …

but then it would look kind of awkward and require separate trips in and out of the venue with each unit i guess, and that would be awkward.

so i guess unscrewing or removing units from stands is going to be required whether single or double stand scenario.

These are not heavy units, so shouldn’t require taking apart when moving.

1 Like

most dj booths in clubs seem to be pretty much accounted for as regards space … mixer and decks and space for a laptop…

i’m thinking there is at most going to be room for two elektron sized units on the table or desk area, if there is no stage area.

most likely the stands would occupy slightly too much space, and be mainly used in the studio anyway… or perhaps dj booths have become more generous in their spacing in recent years.

Please keep in mind that A4 needs an opening for proper ventilation.

3 Likes

Underside vents are sufficient, especially when A4 is inclined.
It’s been stated by Elektron and confirmed by users that in such condition it’s ok to cover side vents.

2 Likes

Then I do apologize for spreading misinformation. :slight_smile: This was the info I got back when I searched for acrylic stand blueprints.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words chaps

Here’s my little fb hobby page. Perhaps give me a supporting ‘Like’ :slight_smile:

https://www.facebook.com/Wavewoodcraft/

Btw, Zerack’s work is excellent, and he’s a really nice friendly guy.

1 Like

Hey Preview Lounge…

FYI, I have a few folding racks left for 2 Elektrons… also in oz…

Examples @

1 Like

I love Elektron stands however i bought one where you screw them on the side, i wished i had bought one where it is like small shelfs.

I use these… $3.78 for a three pack :smiley_cat:

8 Likes

Yes

Black Acrylic Two tiers from Neil at Marmot Audio

Reasonably priced, very sturdy and saves significantly on desktop real estate

2 Likes

very cool, slightly out of my price range tho

5 Likes

DIY, less than 5 Euros :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Just throwing a couple of other ideas in the mix for anyone thinking to DIY…

1 Like

Those are very cool, I like the side by side design and the foldout “legs”. I think if I try to make stands again I’ll go for something like that; the vertically stacked designs look great and save a lot of space, but don’t work for me, for some reason. Having said that though, I have my octatrack at the top of a 19" mixer case, with a G1 nord modular underneath it, and it works fine for gigs… so I guess it’s just something I’d need to get used to.

1 Like

Yeah I reckon having a reliably reproduceable setup layout and developing the muscle memory is the main important thing, not whether side by side or above and below works best. Go with what works for you.

OT question… do you send prog changes to the Nord from the OT? I get misbehaviours when combining them.

1 Like

I seem to remember it being a bit fiddly, with the bank setting not actually doing anything, and having to use a CC instead for bank switching… As a result, I don’t really do any patch changing via the OT, also since the G1 takes some time to re-configure the DSP when selecting a new patch, so I tend to just have four patches loaded and either use them all at once or switch between them depending on the track.

Yeah I find even patch changes in the same bank don’t reliable switch when changing OT parts. Anyway the folding legs I dig and find useful for compacting during transport, though advise attaching rubber doorstops inside where the wood would touch the base of the elektrons to avoid marking the machines.