Elektron Stands - Yes or No

What’s the general consensus on stands for your Elektron boxes.

Do you bother with them?? Yes or No?

Also double stands awkward to play with top tier???

Have an EIT-1 which is a brilliant solution for going out with 2 Elektrons, but for long hours at home I tend to take it apart - the angle is a bit too sharp.

Eyeing an elegant solution from this fine gentleman: Elektron Custom Sides

1 Like

Wow those EIT-1 are expensive huh.

Yes those dual ones you linked to look like a nice angle for top tier

I built 2x 1-tier myself with a cutting board and I am quite happy with it.

If one day I want to buy one, I’d go for a Modologic, I guess.

I have 2xEITs - also got some flywheel screws for easy extraction.

Very useful for transport and use if you are seated with them infront of you at table height.

their ‘design flaw’ is 2 elektrons is never enough :joy: but often one is preferable to 2 depending on what you are doing (e.g. sitting on the couch). I’m regularly detaching and reattaching whatever pairs I have setup.

discontinued I think.

I am currently building a 4x elektrons ‘slab’ using 4 metal bars and superstrong velcro to keep in a shallow flightcase for easy storage and use with the cables all tucked away… I like the locked together approach to get the most out of the modular setup that multiple machines offers.

Originally I’d built my own metal 2 elektron stand from some butchered monitor stands. Worked well, but the fold and carry approach of the EITs is very handy.

Yes, I bother with them, I need to. So I bought 2 “laptop DJ stands” and now have 4 units next to each other taking minimal space. Total price for 2 was around $50. You can also buy a metal hacksaw and cut them if you want to lower the units and have them closer.

Let me highjack this thread by sharing my current project :wink:

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/elektron-pedalboard-concept/18608/154734

I am having lot’s of fun doing this and always open to suggestions.

Very cool!!! Guess you have a fair bit of space to have a pedalboard type layout?
Personally I need space hence looking at the vertical stand solution however also thinking about future requirements if I buy more Elektrons hence looking at dual and trio stands.
Anybody have 3 units in one stand??? The dual stands looks great but the ones which hold 3 look a bit awkward, imagine top tier not easiest unit to use program, especially over a time and sitting down??

It is really nice to have an angled stand because of how I sit at my desk. I went ahead and designed a 3D model so I could print my own. It is shared here: http://www.elektronauts.com/files/download/217 in the Files section for everyone to use.

Here’s some of mine

2 Likes

I have a double stand that I use my Rytm and Octatrack with. There are no usability issues.

No stands or cases of any kind here. I usually use my AR while standing so the angle does not concern me that much. just throw my AR into my backpack and go. The metal case is already substantially grimey on my unit :sunglasses:

should treat mine better tho, some trigs are getting miscontacts with their action (ie sometimes hitting a trig does nothing)… but as long as omnissiah keeps his blessings with my AR, I know I will be safe.

Ah, AR’s second birthday is nearing. I should prepare a sacrifice and dust off the old mechanicus scrolls…

any new opinions on new gear for stands?

i’m thinking about studio use but also the space question of playing a live gig from a dj booth with a machinedrum, octatrack and faderfox mx12

this looks very cool man …

is it pretty easy to access the monomachine

I have 2 sets of those and they’re good for both sitting and standing for me. Only slight niggle is you have to have MM/MD/Octatrack on the top because of clearance with largish jack cables because the sockets protrude from the cases unlike the flush Analog ones.

1 Like

lol cool although how about machinedrum and octatrack mkII on the same stand…

i’m thinking of another option, zerack… maybe two single standss…

I just used some right angle jacks.

1 Like

sensible option…

is there a product page for the two-stand

Search Flat’s history on here, he has some posts to his Ebay I think

found :slight_smile:
fell in love immediately with their reclaimed mahogany singles …
the screw locations are the same for md/ot.

for somehow making a performance space in a dj booth, i am guessing single stands could be the most flexible in placement. been a while.

also the faderfox has connections on the right so won’t invest in a stand for that just yet … the usage is different anyway, physical, no info screen

3 Likes