Elektron purchase from UK retailer

I’m trying to hold off to buy my first Elektron box but I have no idea if any retailers here in the UK will do any Elektron discounts. I emailed Elektron and the guy told me they have no plans to do a Black Friday sale themselves but I have no idea if this will impact sales from the various retailers.

Gear4music.com (a great retailer with extended warranty options and generous returns policy) replied and told me that they are planning a Black Friday sale but couldn’t tell me any details yet.

I’ve got to be patient! It’s only a couple of weeks!

1 Like

Unlikely, however most retailers (Red Dog in particular), will offer a better price if you ask them.

Their prices are over inflated to begin with. I find Juno is very often the cheapest in the UK. And on top of that they will also discount many products if you ask.

1 Like

Please note Juno offer the worst Return policy of anyone i know in UK. 1 year limited Warranty. Only 10 days if you can change your mind!

Compare to Bax 3 year warranty. 28 day return policy.

1 Like

Gear4music told me (in a fairly off-the-record way) that they would try to price match if I provide evidence of other retailers prices etc. Oddly enough their Elektron prices just recently went up quite a bit and now seem to be among the most expensive in the UK, but if they’ll price match then I would definitely buy with them because their returns policy and customer service is way above average.

UK retailers by law must provide a 6 year warranty on equipment like this. Most of them don’t know this or will try their best to fob you off but you are covered by UK courts.

I emailed them about this poor return policy and they stood firm. So they are lying?

To be clear, we’re talking about broken or not-fit-for-purpose goods being covered. This certainly doesn’t cover “changing your mind” which I’m pretty certain is 14 days according to my wife, who is a lawyer. That said, the 6 year thing for faulty goods appears to be true

This isnt true for all companies. See here Bax who give you 60 days

Yeah, sorry I was only talking warranty.

Hi @sabana. Indeed there are definitely places with better returns but 14 days is the statutory minimum. Gear4musix is 30 days standard and a whopping 180 days with extended warranty. 6 months to try something out! Just look after the box!

If the price is right I buy from Thomann as everything comes with a 5 year warranty as standard.

2 Likes

Thats a good one.

This is a very good price for a Digitone in the UK - https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/synthesizer/elektron-digitone-polyphonic-fm-synthesizer - I’m seeing £520 so I’ve jumped on this.

I’ve been keeping an eye on Elektron prices in the UK for weeks (if not months) and this is the best price I’ve seen by a mile. People are selling them used on Ebay for more than this and Bax Shop appear to have a very generous returns policy.

There’s a 5% code going round as well. Takes it to £494.

SMF18X

I am very, very tempted.

Bear in mind that Bax aren’t in the UK, they just have a UK shop site. They’re based in the Netherlands and their stuff will often come with a two pin euro plug and an adaptor (like stuff from Thomann).

Yeah I actually saw that code first thing this morning, after ordering very late last night. So I immediately contacted them trying to get them to retrospectively apply the discount. Hopefully they’ll be nice to a brand new customer! Regarding the UK adapter - I just checked my order and it looks like they’re shipping a UK power supply as well even though I didn’t ask for one so I guess they’ve got that covered.

1 Like