Elektron multi-power supply unit in 2023

It was more recent, yes, but was more concerned with Digi-format boxes which draw less power.

It’s funny tho (now that I’ve scrolled) that the second-to-last post was the same ghetto-tech solution I’m going with… except mine will have shorter IEC cables (and a Furman.)

It IS rather crazy that there’s not a simple solution for this yet… like what the Conductive Labs MRCC is for midi, but for power distribution of studio setups.

There’s this, but it’s pricey, out of stock, UK based and not sure if it’s enough juice? They make amazing pedals for guitar. All valve based so rather power greedy

Nice guys and sure they would help on email etc.

Edit. Sorry! No, it’s only 1250ma

Specifications
• Operates anywhere on planet Earth where 110- 250V AC power is available.
• Supplied with IEC mains power cable and 4 × very heavy duty 5.5mm × 2.1mm pedal leads.
• 4 × isolated 12VDC @ 1250mA outputs (linear regulated and heavily filtered–super quiet).
• One of the outputs can be configured to power
9VDC center negative pedals (600mA max.). • Short circuit/overload protection protects tube
pedals from damage.
• Power requirements: 110 – 240VAC @ 60
Watts.
• Dimensions: width 7.5"; depth 4.8"; height 1.5"
• Weight: 1lb14oz (on Earth); 4lb 12oz (on Jupiter) • Construction: Solid die-cast aluminum box.
• Finish: dark graphite powder coat.

1 Like

It is indeed pricey, but looks like it could do the job? I like the weight on Jupiter spec too :+1:

1 Like

In deed and in title…

1 Like

I use this:

to power all 3 Digi boxes, an iPad Air 4, 2 Faderfoxes, and sometimes a Launchpad Pro MKIII. I bought the USB-C PD cables off of AliExpress for a fraction of the cost of the Birdcords. I bet the 200w one could do even better.

2 Likes

I have one of those (not that brand) but I plug more than 2 things in and it gets coil whine like a mofo.

2 Likes

Looks like they also sell an expander to this one that gives a single 12v 2a output. But then that’s getting just as messy as 3 elektron psus.

1 Like

I would not buy Blippityboodoo named generic PSUs for multiple expensive synths. It’s such a gamble with Amazon’s bazaar of crap.

2 Likes

Practically speaking, if you had a four outlet power board/strip that you put in a box with the psus, with three holes in the box for the DC cables and one hole for the AC input cable, is it then just a size/bulk issue?

1 Like

Yep, mainly. I have cable management ties and metal shelves that go under the desk to try to hide it all, but it’s still a lot to deal with.

2 Likes

Not on mine! No whine, no hiss, no noise, no fuss!

1 Like

When I had loads of gear, these looked pretty handy (uk 3 pin plugs can be quiet bulky and then some power supplies will have the cable coming out the top, others out the bottom, so took even more space.) maybe not so important in the US as I think your plugs are quite small by comparison?

https://www.dcdi.co.uk/iec-c13-horizontal-1u-pdu?of_tid=MFRWG5B5HE3SMZTFMVSESZB5GITHA4TPMREWIPJSGA4DI&gclid=CjwKCAjwx_eiBhBGEiwA15gLN9y3-mgeZ_NO5gVz0OUN5b4GbhZZtccbSZhxTREiKK9vYxwYnlihDxoCKMMQAvD_BwE&model=W121200

1 Like

I was just looking at something similar… but I only need solutions for a few IEC-cabled things, the rest are barrel-cable and random connections.

But for a rack of pro gear, that would be the ticket :+1:

2 Likes

Just wanted to get in on this thread and chase the progress.
Definitely interested in power options for my OT AR and AK. One battery for all or even one for each

There’s been threads for different battery options for live rigs etc… I was just looking for a simple studio option. Ended up with just shorter cords on the factory power supplies, cuts down the clutter at least a little.

2 Likes

I found the Talentcell.
Definitely trying one out.
I also got these tiny little transmitter/receivers from Skaa.
Looking into have a complete wireless set up for lounging on the couch, bed, anywhere really.
If it works really well I want to see if I can keep my dark trinity linked up in such a way.

1 Like

one-for-all

Just as a general follow up, now that I have all my 2.1-to-2.5-millimeter ducks in a row, my initial tests successfully powered a keystep pro and 3 digi style boxes from the previously mentioned 12V 7.5 amp power supply with the sequencer transport running simultaneously on all 4 units. I already mentioned this to Donovan but I thought I might update the information for posterity.

3 Likes

I’m interested in opinions - I bought a cheap 2.5mm splitter to try and power my digitakt & digitone from 1 elektron PSU (just so I can leave 1 in the studio and 1 in the lounge)

Whichever I turn on first always restarts because of the power spike when I turn on the second.

Once they’re running it’s fine, the power draw being much lower. But could that forced restart cause any damage to the machine? The minor increase in convenience and reduction in cabling is totally not worth breaking my digis!

I have high hopes that Elektron will come up with a solution for a multi power supply after seen their cable pack. I’m pretty sure most of us will pay top dollar to have an optimal and neat solution that guarantees the safety of our instruments. Come on Elektron this has been a request for many years.

3 Likes

i got 2 MyVolts Ripcord USB cables and can now poer my 2 D-boxes from any usb power source with enough A output (even powerbanks that can do it)