Elektron might be cooking something up for the Octatrack

Do they?
Paying their investors.
No idea.
Fixed that damn late program change message thing!

3 Likes

if they wanna pay their investors , yep they gotta do something

I think most of their success leans in the direction of the digi series and the model series, would like to know for sure though?

1 Like

True!
What ever products are highest sales volume and highest profit margin are the way for any business to go.

So I would be surprised to see a new Octatrack. I dont have any inside info at all, and I’m no expert, but I reckon its safe to guess Octatrack doesnt fit the above criteria.

I don’t know about all that. Octatrack is a legend that shows up in many a pro producer’s setup (way more than MnM and MD) and the fact it’s still around in 2020 is testament to the fact that it has sold steadily for years. No one has bettered it!

Edit: Also considering the low price of the Models, it’s surely more of a McDonald’s style product (shifting high volumes to make profits or providing a gateway to more expensive stuff) with relatively low profits per unit compared to selling an Analog or OT. They need to sell way more Models to make money compared to the higher price units. In fact, there’s an interview someone posted about how they managed to turn the business into something that made millions per year. And this was the dark trinity period we’re talking about.

This is the thread: Swedish newspaper article on Elektron

2 Likes

they could tweak it though… I’ll tell you elektron changed my life… there are some great beat machine makers out there but they are largely too stiff and have difficulty keeping focus while also being openminded and going that extra mile for the tiny but significant steps but not elektron… look how they added the chance knob to the model series… I don’t care how much money native instruments or Akai would have made they would never have done something like that for an instrument that already has probability addressed directly elsewhere, they would have rather left the space where the knob was blank… but even though elektron didn’t need to, or get inundated with request for it, they knew something so small could result in something so significant … it’s this kind of outlook that makes me love them so… I am hopeful that there is a lot more of that coming down the pike in their next flagship beat machine

1 Like

The next Octatrack will:

• conveniently make my mono tracks stereo and my stereo tracks mono
  • know when I’m stoned and make random tracks silent, laughing (in stereo) watching me try to fix it
  • have no screen, instead a row of single colored LEDs which flash morse code
  • have one giant velocity sensitive pad which randomizing everything, including project settings. The harder you press, the more random it goes
22 Likes

Maybe we’ll just end up with a grainy black and white video of two dudes waxing lyrical in a laconic mumble about how great the octatrack is…

3 Likes

Add a D-Beam and you got yourself a winner right there, I tell you hwhat…

2 Likes

Trig preview, and three new machines…

1. granular synth machine, basically omnisphere, but strictly sample based
  2. dedicated actual looper machine, with overdub, undo, redo, reverse, all that standard looper stuff. make it do boomerang stuff. give you access to control and read all of the record buffers from the one looper track. Layer, clear, mute, etc.
  3. Sync machine. One track control of any loopers or pickup machines on the other tracks. With conditional trigs set up on the sync machine to fire off loopers and clear/shut them off in the order you want, without having to keep going back to those tracks and digging around.
5 Likes

They’ve always said the girl was full to the brim. Then we got more uodates. Conditionals and such. If it’s all algorithms, and programming 01001101’s, can we get some reallocated effect algorithms? I’ll gladly give up one or two effects for a compressor, delay, or reverb algorithm upgrade to match the rest of the family. The mk2 has an led, give it the new parameter visuals like the rest of the family has. Why are these things assumed to be unviable? Seriously asking bc I don’t know why.

1 Like

photos like that, and the videos Elektron has been posting on Instagram all remind me of why I like the MK1 aesthetic so much. It’s just so timeless.

MK1 4eva

11 Likes

Excuse me sir… but do you have that in black? :slight_smile: You already know it’s gonna happen they wouldn’t leave the OT all by itself without some of that new paint!

1 Like

and yet the OT already stands alone in so many other ways :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very true! But I find the idea of having two devices of the same kind strange.
And who will be the master? I am afraid that they cannot coexist. Do you want to wake up and find both completely wrecked in your studio one morning? :man_shrugging::exploding_head::joy:

3 Likes

There are a couple of bugs and issues that make using two Octatracks a lot more painful then it should be including one critical flaw that really should have been addressed before release imho.

3 Likes

You sir hath spoken the good words.

1 Like

with each new OT hype thread on elektronauts their machines become smaller :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

That was before the B… company.
I guess an unclonable product is the way to go now.

1 Like

It needs a toaster oven, and dedicated cowbell track.

1 Like

Why? People who buy Elektron won’t buy a Behringer and people who buy Behringer won’t ever buy Elektron.
It’s like this since forever.
It’s like cracked software, companies really don’t care! It actually help with popularity. If they block they won’t have the money from that person anyway. They actually need money to check this stuff, not worth it.