Elektron might be cooking something up for the Octatrack

would happily sell my PS5 and a bunch of other shit just for that very thing, if was a true successor…Thing i don’t want is them to cut so much of the original code loose that it ends up being just another sampler…

You might be right, although stock levels at retailer are pretty high…

If a new/updated Octatrack is coming, it will not be earlier than February I reckon

I could really use a second Octatrack in my studio.

3 Likes

Maybe it is just an expensive last batch, before it gets discontinued? :wink:

yeah same, although a ARmk2 (which is stupidly swapped for a diff machine) would be better suited, I just love the flexibility of the OT.

1 Like

not sure if this is real, close inspection might identify it is a manipulated image

50 Likes

looks legit to me.

7 Likes

I’m sure he said that 10 years ago and still stands true today.

Remember when the DN keys image leaked and everyone thought it was a fake? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I am constantly fidgeting with my studio arrangement and the Octatrack is the “wild card”. I can never decide if it’s best to keep it on my main desk where I do most of my mixing/production work, or if I should keep it on the ‘modular/semi-modular’ side of the room for live sampling of all those machines.

(also: 16 tracks! :heart_eyes:)

6 Likes

People have complained it’s very difficult to see the active page led during playback, because its only marginally brighter than the other 3 page leds.

If I recall correctly, I think it’s been acknowledged by Elektron that it’s an issue.

6 Likes

This is what I’ve ended up doing with an MPC 2500. I use a MIDI merge downstream also, great combo. But yes, I think OT is Elektron best box too and if I was sent off to an island with only one instrument then OT would be it, black mk1 of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

This would make me happy.

1 Like

Thanks and yes it’s brutal. Had a feeling that’s what it was. Noticed it before but last night it was real frustrating. Thought I had a few too many, which I generally do on Sunday.

9 Likes

Yeah man, my studio space is pretty limited so it often got moved from OB6 and directly in front of it work space, or shifted along to play midi mode and live sample/resample incoming signals. Currently it’s back at the main control centre, going directly into my interface, DN is controlling modular but all midi is routed through modular with OT being master…unless it’s ableton/logic in which case all transport and clock is coming from either DAW haha

1 Like

I must add that, although I can have a ton of things on and midi synced, which in turn allows me to play around with clock division in the modular, I get the best results when it’s just modular and DN, OT and OB6 etc 2 is plenty, but and extra OT would make things a lot easier

1 Like

Exactly. I am really trying hard to avoid a second one for the modular/semi-modular side of the room, with dedicated foot pedal arrangement for instant sampling action…

2 Likes

haha that such an oddly specific first world problem to be both of us facing, on different sides of the pond I assume (I’m in U.K) but it would save me hours for of pissing about with cables and i/o plus would serve a total diff purpose.

Edit: I actually had a solution in my modular using the ER 301 which is capable of almost anything, including being a great OT style recorder/manipulator. But it was messing with how I use my modular and just sold it to get back to my modular roots…

1 Like

Indeed!

2 Likes