Elektron might be cooking something up for the Octatrack

Explain?

For the same reason Ford makes the GT and has an entire racing division.
Without it you’d just be buying your lame Fiesta from a company making cheap crappy cars.

Now you’re buying a small car from a company with heritage, a company you know is also making incredible machines. And you’re taking part in that heritage.

Does the 3rd gen GT pay for its own development? Probably, it might. Not the point though.

If Elektron only made their Model range and nothing else, they would just be viewed as one making cheap fun toys. But they’re not.

Come on, Elektron. Make your Ford GT. Show us you can still go crazy.

5 Likes

Loving how everyone is radically redesigning the OT in a thread that is assuming a new or slightly redesigned one is coming very soon. If it is coming very soon, then everything has already been decided. :upside_down_face:

(Now I’ll go join @Scot_Solida in the unpopular corner of the party :partying_face:)

4 Likes

Totally getting what you say, but Ford is a multinational car producing company with over 100 years of history, and Elektron is a boutique synth company…apples and oranges

We all just want to be able to say “told you so” when Elektron does release their new product, whatever it may be :wink:

1 Like

I hear ya on that. Black is my only guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

B-b-but…they haven’t even consulted the forum… :cry:

5 Likes

Gee this thread changed gear!

3 Likes

I really hope Elektron release a couple more toys before the next big flagship.

I like toys.

A black Octatrack would look nice with my Digis though…

1 Like

Thinking about all those MK1’s under 500 that are going to show up :thought_balloon: :sheep: :desert_island:

10 Likes

Nice! I did something like this last year with the DT to show my students what I do in my spare time while teaching from home!

7 Likes

Um, couldn’t that mean that the OT will never be retired?

4 Likes

Ugh. Having to listen to algorithm complaints for eternity is one level of hell.

4 Likes

Like Mick Jagger :laughing:

2 Likes

The button design for the OT and Analog MK1 follows this design language.

And yea, as mentioned , many additional Rams’ principles were followed.

6 Likes

And the angle is perfect.

This has been asked before but contemplating buying a second OT MK2. Three thoughts

Elektron decide a swansong farewell and i have an orphan
The OT has a small upgrade
The OT has a big upgrade.

Is it bad timing ot will there be an announcement worth hanging on for.

:joy:

Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

4 Likes

OMG the timing of my post!!!

5 Likes

Ah it was fun while it lasted.

1 Like