Elektron Machinedrum Sample Pack by LØSTLVLS

The Machinedrum sample pack is finally here! Seriously, I’ve put so much time and work into this pack, I really hope you like it! I’ve absolutely loved my time so far with this incredible device.

This is the BIGGEST sample pack yet from me - over 1200 samples, curated into one-shots (presented in 24-bit 48khz and 16-bit 48khz), then encoded into multiple sample chains (46 of them, presented in 24-bit 44.1khz, with .ot files so they’re instantly sliced and ready to go in the Octatrack) and thrown into an Ableton Live 11 Suite Drum Selector Rack for maximum carnage.

The first question was - how do I present all of the different machine types and sub-types? Well, here goes… Each machine type (GND, TRX, EFM, E12 and P-I) are individual folders, within which each machine sub-type (BD, SD, HH etc) has its own sub-folder, containing either 16, 32 or 64 one-shot samples. However, as each machine sub-type can be manipulated in so many ways (amplitude modulation/distortion/sample rate reduction/LFOs etc) it wasn’t possible to ensure that every sample in, say, a folder of ‘BDs’ is going to be useable as a bass drum. I think this keeps things interesting anyway, and it’s in keeping with the free-spirit of the Machinedrum.

Click here to check out the pack!

As this was such a huge pack, something had to give - Bandcamp allows for a maximum of 300mb for these sample packs, and so I had to remove the shorter, Digitakt-specific sample chains that are present in my other packs. HOWEVER - if you would like to see them included, I am happy to oblige, however I would need to remove the 16-bit 48khz one-shots to free up the space, which may be inconvenient for some. It just depends on what people would prefer. I started adding the 16-bit 48khz one-shots alongside the 24-bit 48khz one-shots because I received a lot of questions from people who weren’t confident in converting the files themselves. Ideally I’d include everything all at once, but as I say, there are size limitations at Bandcamp HQ.

As I couldn’t have done this without the encouragement of the Elektronauts community, I want to provide a little bonus - at checkout, use the code ‘nauts20’ for 20% off this pack. :slight_smile:

As there is so much more in this pack than my previous ones, it’s more likely there will be slight issues here and there - please don’t hesitate to reach out to me to let me know about any issues you find. I will fix them ASAP and will be happy to reward you for your efforts!

36 Likes

YES! Had hoped for this and wow!

1 Like

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

1 Like

Thank you! Don’t forget to use the 20% off code if you decide to grab it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These previews sound really incredible, are the preview tracks made on DT using the sample pack?

2 Likes

Thank you! Actually I made these while mucking around in Ableton Live, this was before I built the selector kit so was all Simplers and drum racks. I think they were all made with Ess/Fors’ amazing Opal-Ctl.

1 Like

Cool. Very nice. Instant purchase :slight_smile: (thank you for the discount code)

I guess there is no chance of a sysex sound pack for the MachineDrum ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much! Y’know, I finally figured out how to get SysEx working thanks to the TM-1 interface that came with my Machinedrum. So yes, I will be adding a SysEx kit or two in the future. I have an 808 and a 909 kit which I shared elsewhere on the forum, I’ll add those, but I’d also like to do kits of purely synthesised sounds so owners of all models of the MD can benefit from them.

3 Likes

Yeah that would cool. I don’t have a UW version so some pure synthesis kits would be very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Super cool, purchased! I would personally love this, as I don’t really care about 48khz and use a DT rather than an OT. Regardless, I’m incredibly stoked about this pack.

2 Likes

Bought it. Thanks for your hard work (and the discount code).
So much for me not buying any more sample packs :roll_eyes: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your custom and your feedback! Okay, this is something I’m going to have to implement, at the cost of the 16-bit 48khz one-shots. I didn’t get any feedback regarding the DT-specific one-shots and chains vs the bigger versions, glad they’re being out to good use! I’ll get these added soon and will let you know when it’s done.

Consider it done! I wonder - how would you like to see a Machinedrum SysEx kit laid out across the 16 machine slots? Two kicks, two snares, two claps, two hats etc?

1 Like

Lol I should have come here first before asking my Digitakt question on the band camp page. I’d be keen for that version for sure. The more Digitakt chains the better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any format really … Two kicks, two snares, two claps, two hats etc sounds great.

Maybe a stupid question but why do you think you have to sacrifice the 16-bit 48khz one-shots ? I just managed to load some of the GND ones in to my DT and they work just fine. I think (I could be wrong) that the Transfer app takes care of the conversion for you.

I’ll try a chain next.

1 Like

Just tried a BD chain on the Slice machine and 32 slices and it seemed fine.

2 Likes

Glad they’re working for you! They’ll all work in the DT, it’s just that with my other packs I shorten every one-shot and provide shortened versions of every sample chain so that they take up much less space in the DT. It used to annoy me that I’d load up a bunch of chains and have no room left!

2 Likes

Got it :slight_smile:

1 Like

The amount of effort you put into these is impressive.

4 Likes

Honestly, each one-shot is individually handcrafted, from the recording to the cropping. Hence the two-month wait. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

These are artisanal sample packs!

I’ll be picking this up later too. I have quite the collection of your sample packs at this point. Nice work again. And thanks for the nauts discount!

1 Like