Elektron Machinedrum reissue in black, Elektron pls

We all know how the prices for this units go around, theres def a market for it so why not? Bring it back!

4 Likes

I’ve heard that with just a dozen more independent threads like this, it’s a dead certainty.

23 Likes

Its already been done, you just have to know where to look.

12 Likes

They can’t due to discontinued chips.

Oh I know for a fact that you can buy used gear for top dollar in Reverb but thats not what Im talkin about.

2 Likes

Never gonna happen.

1 Like

I just dont get why, theyre a company after all, and theres profit to be made, its literally money hangin on a tree.

The chips they used for it don’t exist anymore.

The guys that coded the software probably don’t work there anymore.

The guys that designed it probably don’t work there anymore.

Even if they did want to do a reissue, chances are it’d be very different to the OG and everyone kicking off for a reissue would hate it.

16 Likes

All true.

@Siete if you use the search function you can read various threads on this topic, all pointing to the same direction.

Its not going to happen, because of the reasons summarised above.

Im no electronic engineer but Im sure has hell that if chips are discontinued is due to the existance of newer parts that can be adapted to do the same function with some tweaks.

Doesnt seem that crazy after all.

2 Likes

This is as close as you’re going to get to that dream of yours. He also does MPCs.

So you want someone that didn’t code the original software for the MD to try to code the same software on completely different hardware in the hope that it’ll work/sound exactly the same as a real MD?

I’m not a computers guy, but that sounds like a lot of ballache and likely to result in something that isn’t a Machinedrum.

9 Likes

Essentially they’d have to clone their own legacy hardware. They’re not a big company like Roland or Behringer. They don’t have the resources for such a big gamble.

1 Like

They probably could, but would prefer to do something new instead. It would be way easier to make something new in the same vein even if it’s not a machinedrum. I sort of wish they had collaborated with Sonic Potions for the LXR-02 because that machine with an elektron interface would be incredible. Erica synths did a good job, and I love mine, but my Rytm is a bit more convenient.

3 Likes

The machinedrum monomachine octatrack era Elektron are literally a different company than the current day Elektron. Totally different visions, totally different ideas of how things should be done, and totally different target markets.

They’re all about computer integration now.

6 Likes

The Syntakt will be announced at Summer NAMM :wink:

And right there u mentioned another thing Id never undestand, why expend thousands in boxes to use the vst interface D:

1 Like

this just needs some plocks and slides…

2 Likes

I dont understand it either. But that’s what people want, and it obviously sells, otherwise elektron wouldnt be doing it.

My favorite things about the machinedrum were the form factor+ interface (perfect size yet less cluttered than mk1 analogs), great variety of useful internal sounds with many parameters per voice, extensive track and lfo routing capabilities, great external midi sequencer.

Love the spacious MK2 analog layout but its less portable, and digi is cool but too compact for me, neither strikes that perfect balance of the machinedrum. What a gorgeous, flexible, and fun to play box.

4 Likes