Elektron ECC-6 Backpack

If not using the laptop compartment for an actual laptop, there’s another way to get the 4 mentioned Elektrons in if putting one MK1 in the laptop compartment, short edge down.
The other MK1 in the bigger compartment.
And both models on the sides, all with their respective short edges going down into the bag. first.
I like this mode better, and I don’t bring my laptop to gigs anyway, so this works well.
Just imagine my M:C on the left:

Tightening the straps on the side keeps the deck savers all tight too. No need for additional fastening of deck savers.

And I forgot about the rear padded pocket that touches your back. That’ll be nice for audio leads.

4 Likes

agreed, padding on the sides could be better, but it must be by design, like we should tie the straps on the sides tight, so that gear doesnt move…

Definitely wont be traveling with a AR MK II / A4 MK II combo with it, but it seems fine for the digi series, MK I series, Octatrack MK II, Model Series for sure too…

With extra padding it would be okay for AR 4 / AR MKII’s, but that would be sooo heavy.

Works fine with this combo tho!

I’m stoked they finally came out with such a universally adaptable bag. They have 4 different tabletop machine sizes and it works with all. That’s super cool.

The analog MK2s are just 100g heavier than the MK1s/OTs
Would be about 10.5lbs for a pair of MK2 Analogs.

2 Likes

True,

the fact that the bag is adjustable is dope.

but I wouldnt just stack everything, even if it is possible…
primarly because the MK II’s dont move, they are engraved in the studio.

I remember the MK II units being quite sturdy and heavy but maybe only because I havent moved them in a while…I guess that may change then :wink:

7 Likes

That goes without saying.

At this point you need decksavers on everything or nothing moves and it becomes just a laptop bag :slight_smile:

not much bigger (externally) than the ECC-4 yet can hold so much more.

90596743_226873178691213_3274389083996028928_n

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the photos.
I use elastic bands to hold on my decksavers when I travel.

Never thought I d be using that much the bag for everything but gear.

In these times, it actually is also a great grocery bag, you can pack a lot in it !

Would this fit with the handle attached?

Approx. 12x14.5x7" closed as shown.

1 Like

You Definately need a crowbar too

2 Likes

maybe?

1 Like

I’ve got a few of these racks and my backpack is otw - will inform as soon at it arrives.

I bought some Gator G-MIXERBAG-1515 bags for my racks originally though, as they are well padded + huge front area for both psu’s/cables etc.

1 Like

That looks nice also, would definitely fit the rack handle-up with that form factor.

Doesn’t have the Elektron OEM coolness though obviously

2 posts were split to a new topic: Double rack for elektrons

Got the bag last night - unfortunately a little smaller than expected - so no dual racks fit. I sort of expected a mk1 unit to be able to sit flat in the bottom and stack boxes accordingly- but everything has to slide in w/ protectors facing out/away from your back - which makes sense.

Little less padding than assumed there would be - but overall feels great quality. Agree that the main clip should have been metal as on the ECC-5 pouch I also got. Once the external straps are cinched up - everything feels secure and tight.

If your housing those Company of Quails racks I’de stick with the Gator mixer bags for the room/storage.

Overall happy with the purchase as it houses the boxes I wanted it too w/ plenty of room left (Octatrack mk1 & Model Cycles + accessories/cabling)

1 Like

Thanks so much for looking into this and responding in detail… will look into the Gator option

I have the Thomann bag, and am not very happy with it, construction quality is lacking. A few zippers would seperate depending on which of the 2 zippers I would use for the zip trail. It’s spacious inside and has lots of handy pockets, but the bag overall is pretty small, trying to fit a MD and Octa constantly made me afraid of having the rubber feet come off of my units due to friction when pressing the second unit down when decksavers are on.
I had to mainly use the long hanging shoulder strap because I couldn’t wear both straps comfortably being 6"2/230. I’ve owned it less than a year and last week it ripped where the right shoulder strap connects to the bag at the bottom. A seam seperate about 8 inches to expose the padding. This is with pretty light use overall, only taken out abt once a week and never tossed around as it carries my precious cargo.

Looking to get the ECC-6 for my MD and Octa now. Was hoping to find a US based retailer to order it, as it will be about $130 after shipping from the Web store. Although I don’t doubt that it’s “twice” as good as the Thomann bag.

1 Like

Yes, the consturction quality is its weakest point but i didnt have any rips nor problems with zippers (so far).

I had the same concerns but managed to solve the problem by first placing machines (with docksavers) into a plain plastic food storage bag before putting them in the Thomann bag. That way you can avoid the friction.

1 Like

I ordered that Thomann bag and in less than a week one of the straps began to rip. They sent me a replacement and it worked great for about less than a year when one of the straps on that replacement one eventually completely ripped off. Bad quality but definitely has gotten the job done for me while it lasted carrying my OT/A4, cables, and headphones (I travelled and toured with it a TON). But now I have to bring my Digitone with me as well so I just ordered the ECC-6. Really hope the quality is better but we’ll see!

1 Like