Elektron designers, how do you feel about people keeping the protective film on the screen?

Kicking myself that I didn’t think of this!

We need a proper procedure.

1 Like

If you really really want to play safe and aim for best possible resale price you have to leave that sticky seal sticker on the box untouched.

2 Likes

I know I’m keeping a piece of gear when I commit to peeling the film off. Very satisfying

4 Likes

For me it’s hard to watch somebody’s devices with protective film still on it. I feel the strong need to rip it off immediately.

3 Likes

How do you feel about friends with hangnails?

3 Likes

Same. Want to rip it off immediately. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can say that I do worry about others handling my samplers though… people beat the sh*t outta other peoples samplers, reminds me one of my best friends is someone that you just can’t let anywhere near your guitars or basses, he just simply cannot pick one up and set it down with out banging the shit out of it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I can understand this with guitars, but a sampler? Why would someone be inclined to physical force with one? (Not disputing the fact, only curious about the motivation.)

I don’t know man, I think people like to just press everything on beat machines and just don’t care lol, I always make sure stuff I’m working on is backed up because someone always blurts out 'oh my bad , I think I deleted your song or messed up your tune or something like that… drives me nuts… when I’m using somebody else stuff I’m extra careful with it

As someone who’s incredibly OCD about scratches, I find comfort in the film. :joy:

1 Like

I take the plastic off immediately and then gouge the display with a screw driver to get it over with.

21 Likes

Deleting your presets, I can see. I was just imagining someone whaling the shit out of the button that triggers the snare sound, or something.

sampling beat machines don’t have presets, but on further pondering I think it might be because people wanna hear beats, but instead of loading up a beat and listening to it they can’t resist fudging with’em :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Sure. You need what in my field people call a “sandbox”, which is a limited environment for exploration that won’t mess up anything else.

1 Like

I always leave it on. Until my girlfriend comes running to me like a puppy on catnip squealing and begging me to let her peel it off. Loses her shit if she finds a scrap of bubblewrap.

3 Likes

Same here! There’s an audible “welp, this is a keeper!” followed by that long, satisfying peel.

My friend has an MDUW+ that I borrow from time to time, still has the protector on. Starting to peel at the edges. It’s all nicked up too. At this point it hampers the experience of using the instrument.
Stopped borrowing it because it was getting to the point where I might not be able to control the urge to peel it off.

4 Likes

my OT mkII is new, not checked/saw for this film :slight_smile:

Just peeled mine off the DT, it’s a bit like undressing a lover

4 Likes