Elektron designers, how do you feel about people keeping the protective film on the screen?

usually they stick quite well because of electrostatic and you can even change colours

3 Likes

Many years ago i used Lee filters for long exposure landscape photography. Top company. Cheers for the link.

2 Likes

not sure though if that works… but I have some coloured translucent sheets somewhere in my arsenal that does… in doubt look for something like this:

I didnt even realise the octatrack had a protective film over the screen until it started to peel away naturally.

I dont really care either way.

3 Likes

I keep all my plastic on my screens and also on my sofas.

8 Likes

nothing to do with resale value, I’ve just never taken the protective film off of anything… even my Nord leads still have their protective film… it’s just something I would never think of doing unless I couldn’t see something clearly or if the touch screen on my samplers didn’t register well then I would but I’ve never needed to do that either… but then again I grew up in a household where all the furniture was covered by clear plastic cover :laughing:

2 Likes

Elektron needs to release a new box because we are clearly running out of things to talk about.

32 Likes

my parents have custom made plastic covers, none of their furniture has touched human flesh since 1975

3 Likes

I take the plastic film off any and all of my devices.

It’s like people who put protective covers on their sofas - the safeguard is way uglier than any potential damage that may occur without it.

5 Likes

ugly furniture yessss
ugly instruments noooo lol

For a used electron device with protective film on the screen I would pay the same price as for a new one from a shop. One without the film? I don´t know … maybe 5 bucks. Or I would take it, if I would get it for free… If someone removes the film, uses the device for several years, and is able to get the film back on, it raises the resale value and I would pay more, than for a new device …

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Just kidding.

2 Likes

I still use them for landscape - ND grads, polariser and big stopper (plus their holder/hood). They’re all really useful for landscape photos… Not used any colour correction filters since I last used film though… (but I still have a loda - both resin and gel in a box somewhere) :slight_smile:

1 Like

speaking of glove, this guy has some glove lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRSRJm6knI&t=100s

… and it even looks as if he removed the protective film :slight_smile:

when it’s unexpected… like after buying something online, but the seller didn’t mention the film… I instantly feel as if it was a better score. It’s a feeling that it was barely used. Almost new. Not always justified, but the perception is kind of like that.

1 Like

Pretty sure the Octatrack is closer to accountancy than rock n roll…

9 Likes

Nothing is eternal. You’re not afraid of scratches, you’re afraid of death. But if you look at it right in the eyes a bit everyday, you’ll come to accept it.

And you’ll peel that shit off.

8 Likes

…good argument…but that is, end of the day, a question of muscle memory…i guess… :wink:

So my brother had put an adhesive screen protector on his phone’s screen. Two years later he tried to peel it off and found out he had done it over the factory protective film. He had wondered for two years why the screen was so vague…

5 Likes

I think we need Ess and Cenk to advise us on this critically important topic.

4 Likes

The peel sessions.

16 Likes