Elektron at NAMM 2018

@phaelam impressive, put it in a two tier with OTMk2!

Whoa baby!

7 Likes

I guess the technology just isn’t there yet for a proper display. :wink:

3 Likes

now yer talking :slight_smile:

8 tracks!!! Lfo 4??? SAMPLE trig??? This is not some advanced photoshop I hope. I didn’t think Elektron would revisit the best machine they ever made. Sidstation mk2 next ?:grinning:

You just got photoshopped, fam

3 Likes

That’s my dream right there. If it had the vcf/vca/overdrive of the RYTM or A4 I’d wet my pants

Cool, but you’ll want direct access to all these menus, switching is a huge pain.
So instead of your leds serie + couple arrows, you’ll want one button per menu.
You also need the Poly button, it’s a big part of the fun.
A reload Kit button as well, MM is missing this. And the whole Sound/Kits concept while we’re at it…
Dedicated Fill button is pretty cool on analog mk2 series.
Add Perf knobs.

Oh, a MM mk3 would be lovely, in fact…

4 Likes

DSI and Moog might not be there because literally all of Southern California is on fire right now…

Well, @phaelam- how does it feel to get that small taste of being Elektron?! :smiley:

TBF @LyingDalai is dead on with the switching being a pain, though

All those feature requests with your custom Elektron machine :smiley:

3 Likes

edit: I rambled, I think they’ll have at last one surprise, something unexpected and a little different

The AK is discontinued --worst kept secret in the industry --ask your retailer

That’s not too surprising, but the question is does that mean anything?

Are you sure ? (one of the retailers mentioned above told me they had no info, and that they could announce something at Namm -or not-)
Because if you’re >99% sure I’ll grab one of the last where they still have them.

If this comes out, I’ll be ruined. I’d still buy it though, so all my organs will be for sale upon the release of an official statement about that machine.

1 Like

I would love a second stomach!!

AK MkII not so much. And I can’t imagine it was ever very profitable for them. Elektron is just not the first choice for key players. They are more for musical illiterates and sequencerists like me.

1 Like

The AK is a nice form factor but I don’t think it offers anything more than an A4 plus a midi master keyboard of your choosing, apart from the joystick (and even that is very similar to the Roland-style combined pitch/mod stick).

If it had 6 voices, and added significantly more dedicated front panel controls, it would make more sense.

2 Likes

Honestly, some of what I enjoy about what I at least perceived about Elektron was that it wasn’t just pumping out product (which these new mk2 still generally feel like to me - but glad others seem to find value in them). The rampant consumerism that drives these forum discussions is weird. So just to counter the want want want…

I’d personally rather they take a break and work to stabilize and improve on some of their current models. As they’re doing that, I’m sure they’ll be carefully considering and developing the next great step in the tools they produce.

14 Likes

This seems to be a pretty popular stance, I don’t think it’s so much that people want elektron to pump out a million half done boxes. it’s just more that people can come up with ideas of things they’d like significantly faster than it’s possible to make things a reality. I think everyone is pretty much on the same page about getting things finished and elektron not biting off more than they can chew

1 Like