Elektron at NAMM 2018

I bet it will be an Elektron eurorack module. Maybe some type of crazy Elektron sequencer which does CV since the sequencer is really the essence of Elektron.
Or could be a synth voice, I would prefer one of their digital ones, monomachinesk

Iā€™d really like to see a new flagship keyboard instrument. The Analog Keys got a lot of things right, and this time around, Iā€™m sure Elektron would nail it. I can see why their crowd enjoys the boxes, but to keep one prime keyboard instrument in the catalogue makes sense, since itā€™s still instruments and musicians and some of us do still play the keys.

Or so Iā€™m telling myself, in the dark hours after midnight, at least.

2 Likes

I was also thinking about the Digitakt MKII LOL

Hopefully NOT an Analog Keys MKII! I hate to sell my OT and AR to get the new ones and have no idea how to pack them to send them to the buyers. With the AK it would be even more PITA.

Well perhaps they will offer a hardware upgrade plan:

Send in the old ones, get a major discount and then they spend the old ones to school projects around the worldā€¦

Some Eurorack modules, like a sequencer with two LFOs and two Envelope generators would be sexy to me!

Iā€™d call Bravo Sierra on that; get the 1st model completed and working bf rushing off to put out anotherā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t think a eurorack module would pull enough money to be worth it for elektron. Might be wrong but I just donā€™t see it coming. my moneys still on MM in digitakt style considering the lack of a digital synth and the millions of square buttons theyā€™re probably sitting on right now, if anything

5 Likes

:elmm::elmm::elmm::elmm::elmm::elmm::elmm:
The Monomachine is the most creative digital synth in existence. One can only imagine it with a seq upgrade, more machines, weird FX, more LFOsā€¦

4 Likes

I was sooo close to ordering a Virus TI2 right now, but all this image speculation totally changed my mind.

8 Likes

I have two thoughts.

1. As Iā€™ve said elsewhere, Iā€™ve always been a big fan of Elektronā€™s FX. I think theyā€™re leaving money on the table by not doing a reverb with Overbridge support. Strymon, Eventide, and OTO would have tough competition here.
  2. I donā€™t want a Monomachine in the Digitakt format. As much I lust after Digitakt and will certainly buy one once I start a new job, I feel itā€™s created a bit of confusion in the community, mainly through people who canā€™t understand that a company would release different products for different users. We no longer live in a world where your years of product design and engineering skills speak for the differentiation of your line-up, we live in a world where social media groupthink is the final arbiter. ā€œBut it doesnā€™t have feature Xā€¦ Ban Elektron!ā€
  3. How the hell am I supposed to plug all this into my computer.

Ok thatā€™s three thoughts.

Social study of the day: How a Symbol can move people ā€¦

9 Likes

I think that is something people donā€™t think about enough. Yeah itā€™s great so many things have USB and MIDI connections, etc. but it gets to be a real issue if you have tons of them. Add basic peripherals like if you have a keyboard/mouse connecting to a laptop, dongles, USB ethernet, external drives, etc. and you need several high end powered hubs just to fit stuff and that can cause latencies and weird disconnect issues. And you can actually fill up all the slots of multiple hubs EASILY.

Eh I have 2 hard drives, a wireless usb dongle, an audio interface, my octatrack, my MPC and an analog keys all plugged into one cheap USB extender, still leaving me a free usb slot on my Mac where I could easily add another if ever necessary. Iā€™d say itā€™s a bit of a non issue, if I needed to free up more there are more options, like losing 1 of 6TB of space by unplugging a harddrive, or using a Bluetooth keyboard etc. I reckon most people happy to spend thousands on gear donā€™t mind dropping Ā£20 on a USB hub. Donā€™t elektron do that overhub thing too? I never had an issue with latency or anything at all and regularly send large quantities of midi and audio through it. Iā€™d love to see an elektron reverb a la heat though

1 Like

Monomachine MK3 in DT Format with Trig Condition s and BIG oled Display :gift_heart:

6 Likes

Iā€™m at 14 things right now, nearing the limit of my 2 x 8 powered hub off an MBP. Thatā€™s the max recommended and I already have issues.

Just got one (ti 2 desktop) itā€™s still a fucking amazing Allrounder. If you have a Octatrack too itā€™s like heaven. Sending midi cc from OT to the virus in combination with scenes if one of the three outputs of the virus goes through the OT, there is now limit. Plus you will get a really upgraded version of a superb (I say the best) Digital Hardware synth/Fx processor. I did buy a new one and I think itā€™s worth the price.

3 Likes

You must have a huge rig man! Do you often find yourself using them all simultaneously though? is it not possible to use 5pin and daisychain them to slim down on your usbs?

Yeah, I think Iā€™m still going to get the Virus TI2 desktop. Itā€™s already a classic, and Iā€™m really into its sound right now for some reason.

1 Like

Monotakt?

Actually I was thinking that putting ā€˜Monoā€™ in the name of a synth that isnā€™t a single voice would be a terrible branding scheme now.

1 Like

MiniMono

Just the FM engine; revamped & extended.

3 Likes

Word ^.

Of course- If Elektron wanted to use this opportunity to give Poly-Potential on all engines- that would be a pretty cool thing