Elektron at NAMM 2018

I think they’re just getting started.

5 Likes

A tiny box that can power elektron gear all together :wink:

6 Likes

New Trinity, ready to despatch, manuals all online…

C’mon, at least a synth of sorts in the Digitakt shape.

And then a tape recorder, OP-1 style, but done all the way to the max. The ultimate portable recording solution.

7 Likes

The Tiny Trin

1 Like

I like this thread :elmm:

30 Likes

Thanks for throwing the meat to the hungry, speculative dogs, Cenk :smiley:

8 Likes

it’s their 20 year anniversary next year don’t forget :wink:
:pager::musical_keyboard::+1:

5 Likes

I have to admit, a new MonoMachine would be amazing… But these guys probably need to focus on their current line up…

2 Likes

if they do a new monomachine with neighbour tracks n complex modulation I might just have to sell the modular I’m building :ok_hand:

4 Likes

SFX-6mk2
And more than 500 of ‘em!

2 Likes

Geez no kidding… is that almost guaranteeing there’s a new MM style box at NAMM?

1 Like

I bet it will be an Elektron eurorack module. Maybe some type of crazy Elektron sequencer which does CV since the sequencer is really the essence of Elektron.
Or could be a synth voice, I would prefer one of their digital ones, monomachinesk

I’d really like to see a new flagship keyboard instrument. The Analog Keys got a lot of things right, and this time around, I’m sure Elektron would nail it. I can see why their crowd enjoys the boxes, but to keep one prime keyboard instrument in the catalogue makes sense, since it’s still instruments and musicians and some of us do still play the keys.

Or so I’m telling myself, in the dark hours after midnight, at least.

2 Likes

I was also thinking about the Digitakt MKII LOL

Hopefully NOT an Analog Keys MKII! I hate to sell my OT and AR to get the new ones and have no idea how to pack them to send them to the buyers. With the AK it would be even more PITA.

Well perhaps they will offer a hardware upgrade plan:

Send in the old ones, get a major discount and then they spend the old ones to school projects around the world…

Some Eurorack modules, like a sequencer with two LFOs and two Envelope generators would be sexy to me!

I’d call Bravo Sierra on that; get the 1st model completed and working bf rushing off to put out another…

1 Like

I don’t think a eurorack module would pull enough money to be worth it for elektron. Might be wrong but I just don’t see it coming. my moneys still on MM in digitakt style considering the lack of a digital synth and the millions of square buttons they’re probably sitting on right now, if anything

5 Likes

:elmm::elmm::elmm::elmm::elmm::elmm::elmm:
The Monomachine is the most creative digital synth in existence. One can only imagine it with a seq upgrade, more machines, weird FX, more LFOs…

4 Likes

I was sooo close to ordering a Virus TI2 right now, but all this image speculation totally changed my mind.

8 Likes

I have two thoughts.

1. As I’ve said elsewhere, I’ve always been a big fan of Elektron’s FX. I think they’re leaving money on the table by not doing a reverb with Overbridge support. Strymon, Eventide, and OTO would have tough competition here.
  2. I don’t want a Monomachine in the Digitakt format. As much I lust after Digitakt and will certainly buy one once I start a new job, I feel it’s created a bit of confusion in the community, mainly through people who can’t understand that a company would release different products for different users. We no longer live in a world where your years of product design and engineering skills speak for the differentiation of your line-up, we live in a world where social media groupthink is the final arbiter. “But it doesn’t have feature X… Ban Elektron!”
  3. How the hell am I supposed to plug all this into my computer.

Ok that’s three thoughts.